What breeds of chickens does everyone have?

Right now I have three Production Reds and two Barred Plymouth Rocks, but tomorrow I am picking up a few more (undecided about what I want..maybe a Leghorn or two) and I think I am going to get a few Ameraucana from Jodi.

I have:

5 mutt Bantys

4 RIRs

2 Golden Laced Wyandottes

1 Brown leghorn

1 Barred Rock.

I had a dog kill 1 Leghorn and 1 Barred Rock last fall.
sad.png

Plus next week I'll be getting 8 Barred Rock chicks.

Last edited:
1 Silkie Rooster

5 Black Australorps

2 RIR

2 Ameraucana

1 Barred Rock

1 Bantam who I haven't found her breeding yet

9 assorted babes from the bantam

21........not bad considering I was only going to get 5, eh?? LOL

This being my first year having chickens, I decided on

2 Barred Rock (1 ended up being a roo)

4 Auraucana/Americana (1 ended up being a roo)

4 Buff Orpington (1 ended up being a roo)

3 Black Australorp (1 ended up being a roo)

Received an extra white rock too - they all will be 6 weeks on Monday.

Yesterday I went to the feed mill and ended up ordering 5 bantams - don't know what possessed me.
wink.png

They will be here in May.

Uh Heidi,
You didn't buy all those roos from the feedstore did you? Were they sexed beforehand? *bites nails*

Oh man, I REALLY hope none of mine turn out to be roos. I totally don't know what I will do with them. I should call the feedstore and ask if they'll take them back.

Moongoddess - well I actually ordered only 12 pullets from Townline Hatchery. I picked them up and they threw in an extra 12. Yes, I know how nice - except my brooder was only large enough for my 12 or so. So I gave 9 to a farmer when they were only 2 weeks old and I couldn't tell the difference between the sexes. So now they are older and I know pretty much who is who, oh well. I have a home for my buff rooster when he's ready to go and I plan on keeping the barred rock rooster because he is very sociable with me. The other two? The feed mill said I could post their pictures on their board and maybe someone would take them. I'm hoping with the bantams I ordered that only 1 will be a rooster - I don't know what I will do if most of them are.
Good luck with yours.

I have 20 chickens. They are:
1 EE rooster, Rupert;
5 EE hens (Willow, Holly, BlackJack, Sophia, Gypsy, Francesca);
2 EE pullets (Gisella and her nameless sister);
1 SLW, Priscilla,
1 Australorp, Isabella;
1 silver Ameraucana, Dixie,
2 light Brahmas (Rose & Daisy);
1 black Jersey Giant rooster, Joxer
1 black JG hen, Xena,
3 blue JG hens (Loretta, Dolly, June);
1 splash JG hen, Minnie Pearl.

The list wouldn't be complete without mentioning the "honorary chicken". That's my 11 year-old Havanese dog, Kiawah.

Stephanie

i have tons of mixes, silver laced wyndottes, white orpingtons, black sex link, astrolorps, golden laced wyndottes, leghorns, aracucanas, red sex link, white rocks, etc

Back
Top Bottom