What Breed of Chickens Do You Have?

What breed of chickens do you have?

• Total voters
Our feed store got fall chicks and I now have 6 blue-laced red Wyandottes and 2 Olive Eggers (going on 3 weeks old). I hadn't originally intended to get more, but I lost almost half of the Sapphire Gems that I ordered this past spring within 24 hours because of the bad treatment they received in the mail. The 6 survivors are beautiful and have started laying, but I wanted more than just 6 hens.

1 white Silkie
1 SL Wyandotte
1 (not)ayam cemani(but she looks like one)

5 BBS orpingtons going into lockdown Monday
And 7 Golden Campine also pending lockdown

1 RIR
1 GLW
1 Golden Comet
1 BCM
2 Leghorns
2 BBS Ameraucana
3 EE
2 "I still don't have a clue"

I had a Delaware, but "she" turned out to be a cockerel. I ordered 15 this spring, specifically, I ordered all female...1 Dela, 1 GLW, 3 EE, and 10 from two different "grab bags".

Last edited:
Our breeds vary depending on what research we are doing, but the current breeds we have are:
  • Black Jersey Giant
  • Delaware
  • Barred Plymouth Rock
  • White Crested Polish
  • Dark Brahma Bantam
  • Serama

We also have pullets from a Black Jersey Giant x Delaware cross.
What kinds of research do you typically do? And about how many birds are usually involved? Curious kinds and all that! 🙂

We have:
Easter Eggers,
Black Australorps,
Brown Leghorns,
and our "Others" are Dominiques, just chicks, 8 wk old approx. We ordered 4 pullets and six cockerels. We've not had this breed before. Will not have Leghorns again, I don't think. Prefer a calmer bird.

Besides what I voted above, I have a Sebright, a Cochin, a Welsummer, and a red sexlink.

I love them ALL... except the Sebright, but I only take issue with the fact that he tries to kill me at least 1x/month. Good thing he's good to my girls, and he's tiny....
This is the second time in the past 2 days that I've heard of an aggressive Sebright rooster. I love the looks of them but is this typical for this breed?

We had 300 chooks at one point quite few years ago (heaps of different breeds. And I mean heaps!). Thanks to foxes we are now down to 5 hens and will be looking to get a rooster early next year.

Our hens are 4 ISA Browns and one Australorp x Hampshire who is in my opinion the best chook out of the 5.

I posted that other thread 3 months ago where I had almost 50 and now I have 80 or so.
I have
1 Silver laced Polish
5 Mixed Breeds
1 Ameruacana
11 Ayam Ketawa
1 RIR Bantam
2 Jubilee Orpington
8 Blue laced red wyandotte
1 Black Cooper Maran
5 Lavendar Orpington
2 Easter Eggers
2 Lakenvelders