What breed are these?/ What gender do you think these are?

brairgirl

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Well this post has 12 chicks and 1 rooster that I would like to know the breed of, or at least guesses of the breed.

2 are what gender do you think they are? (has pictures of parents just 'cause :p) I will put this in a second post.

What Breed?

Flinn: We got him a few weeks ago. He has a few feathers on each leg. He probably is mixed but what would be in that mix? He has some brown tinted feathers on his wings and legs. He also has a Pea comb.

Chicks!
All of these chicks were bought at a feed store. We gave them to a hen with only two chicks and she takes care of them all!

Chesnut: 3 weeks old

Obsidian: Black sex link, I hope she keeps the red! 4 weeks

Tiger: 3 weeks

Walnut: Polish, suspected to be Gold Laced, 3 week

Slate: 3 weeks

Birch: 3 weeks

Skunk: Polish, 3 weeks

Snow: Polish, Supsected to be Silver Laced- 3 weeks

Gooseberry: Polish, Suspected to be Silver Laced as well- 3 weeks

Peanut: He has some russet colored fluff on his face as well. But he wouldn't turn around!- 3 weeks

Plum: Had to take so many pictures of her to get a good look at her coloring... She wouldn't hold still! 3 weeks

Hawk: Cute little buff type coloring! 3 weeks

Last edited:
Can you tell gender at 4ish weeks?

Here is Fluff's Parents

One of these Buff Orpington Roos fathered him

Heres his White Leghorn mother trying her hand at being broody... It didn't last long!

Fluff! - He is about 4 1/2 weeks old

His/Her cute little face

Some of the peach feathers

Peach tinted feathers on his/her back. You can see the ones on the side of his chest...,. Sort of.

The Peach colored feathers on the side of his chest again

His/Her cute face again!

And Again!

And Again!

Easter's Parents!

His/Her dad: again one of the Buff Roosters

His mother is a Sex link Red, They all pretty much look like this:

Easter!

I would like to know if they can be sexed by looks at 4 1/2 weeks?

I can thank a wonderful Barred Rock hen for hatching these two she is a devoted mother.

Last edited:
They are getting so big and so cute <3

I could be a week off on Fluff, Easter and Obsidian's ages.. But they are the same age, if a couple days off.

My guess on your roo would be a light brahama mix. Because of the feathering on his legs and the colombian color pattern

well if your cockerel mated with either of the hens you would have a new chick breed. however they wouldnt be sexed at that age. it is around minimum 21 weeks old.

I feel so smart
duc.gif

I didn't see the mix part of that !

Well I am actually hoping Fluff is a Rooster. I hope Easter is a hen but either way :)

I will call Fluff a Peach Orpinghorn....
lau.gif

Green legs and pea combs are good signs for americauna.... not all americanas have a fluffy face. Esp if they are 1/2 americauna which would make them easter eggers.... very hard to sex at such an early age

Back
Top Bottom