What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

@gimmie birdies I'm not sure if you're an inspiration or a bad example but I am now heading home with hatching eggs as well šŸ¤£
@TwoCrows, I promise this was not planned, I just couldn't say no to FREE silkie hatching eggs šŸ˜³ I did manage to pass on Sebastopol goose eggs and I've wanted those for a few years, but, we don't have a goose setup, so I remained strong šŸ˜Ž barely...

Here is pic of the Dumpling soup, my DH made using the recipe I posted on this thread.

dumpling.PNG

DD and her BF made Thanksgiving dinner Thanksgiving Day. I don't remember what all they made, But they enjoyed doing it and it sounds like it came out really good. They enjoy cooking together and make some really great sounding meals. I am looking forward to them being back home next year. :drool:love

2nd tink, I am jelly- i would love to have silky, and or Sebastopol hatching eggs! I do have 2 chicks that are 1/2 Silky, but they may be roosters.
Ain't that always the luck? The ones we most want to be pullets turn out to be cockerels.

If we ever have a set up for geese, I really would like some Sebastopol, they look so pretty!

@TwoCrows, I promise this was not planned, I just couldn't say no to FREE silkie hatching eggs šŸ˜³ I did manage to pass on Sebastopol goose eggs and I've wanted those for a few years, but, we don't have a goose setup, so I remained strong šŸ˜Ž barely...
@2ndTink :lol: It was only a matter of time until hatching eggs jumped into your lap and stole away in your car. :gig Keep us posted on the hatch!! :jumpy

Ain't that always the luck? The ones we most want to be pullets turn out to be cockerels.

If we ever have a set up for geese, I really would like some Sebastopol, they look so pretty!
I thought you were learning your lesson from me, as in never, ever hatch in the winter as you then have house chickens for months instead of weeks. :woot '

Mine are a month old today. The five are the ones supposedly sold twice now, (3rd time's a charm.) The three I'm keeping, thus, in our living room until about March. Dang this is fun! I have to wait until Feb/March now though to hatch anymore. (Famous last words).

Attachments

• 11-18-23.jpg
    11-18-23.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 11-18-23 our 3.jpg
    11-18-23 our 3.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 4
@2ndTink :lol: It was only a matter of time until hatching eggs jumped into your lap and stole away in your car. :gig Keep us posted on the hatch!! :jumpy
I'm glad you understand exactly what happened and exactly how innocent I am in this situation šŸ˜‡ I'm contemplating a hatch along, this may be my "spring" silkie hatch if I get more than about 5 or 6 chicks to hatch. If I do another hatch for my birthday it will be layers. The caveat is that there's even less certainty on hat h rate on these eggs than usual.
I thought you were learning your lesson from me, as in never, ever hatch in the winter as you then have house chickens for months instead of weeks. :woot '

Mine are a month old today. The five are the ones supposedly sold twice now, (3rd time's a charm.) The three I'm keeping, thus, in our living room until about March. Dang this is fun! I have to wait until Feb/March now though to hatch anymore. (Famous last words).
I'm hard headed, I know I shouldn't hatch eggs until spring, but, when you are given silkie eggs from hens purchased from a breeder you've been looking at for over a month hoping to buy eggs from them in the spring...

Famous last words indeed! You already have a chick setup in your living room, what's a few more little fluff balls? Hatch away!

I'm glad you understand exactly what happened and exactly how innocent I am in this situation šŸ˜‡ I'm contemplating a hatch along, this may be my "spring" silkie hatch if I get more than about 5 or 6 chicks to hatch. If I do another hatch for my birthday it will be layers. The caveat is that there's even less certainty on hat h rate on these eggs than usual.

I'm hard headed, I know I shouldn't hatch eggs until spring, but, when you are given silkie eggs from hens purchased from a breeder you've been looking at for over a month hoping to buy eggs from them in the spring...

Famous last words indeed! You already have a chick setup in your living room, what's a few more little fluff balls? Hatch away!
Oh Tink, you indeed got a deal nobody could pass up. :highfive:

That's where I got into this too, from the breeder my Marsha and her siblings came from. But this "emergency deal" was half off, so $20. (I bought her day-olds last March for $15 each).

Originally I had made a deal with someone to split that $20 with me and take some. Three weeks later, she backed out. Then I had five sold again and as of yesterday, that one backed out. I looked on Facebook and saw someone looking for silkie hens. Well, who knows what these are but sent her a msg. The deal of $40 for five she agreed to. She'd have come today but she's an hour away and we're having a snowstorm so maybe Monday roads will be better.

I talk to these chicks and tell them they are loved even though they were turned down twice. I think they'll get over it. ā˜ŗļø

Are you selling some of yours or waiting to see what you get? This'll be fun to see what we each wind up hatching next spring/summer with our other lovelies. :love

Back
Top Bottom