What animal could use this?

Cassandragrenr

Songster
Jul 15, 2022
Sweden, södermanland
So I've recently found this dog kennel (picture isn't mine) and I think it's pretty big and maybe could be used for other birds? I'm thinking maybe a trio of Japanese quails or just a brooding area for birds? If anyone comes up with what I can use this for I'd really appreciate it!! :love
Screenshot_20220723-173554_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-173554_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-173554_Samsung Internet.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 5
You could put anything in there, but you would gave to cover at least the bottom portion of chain link with hardware cloth because small predators like skunks, small raccoons, small opossums, etc can squeeze through. If using for quail, I think you would need to cover the whole thing.

You could put anything in there, but you would gave to cover at least the bottom portion of chain link with hardware cloth because small predators like skunks, small raccoons, small opossums, etc can squeeze through. If using for quail, I think you would need to cover the whole thing.
Do you have any suggestions besides 'anything? I really can't make decisions myself haha, and I think I found something better for quails!

You would have to do a lot of work to completely enclose this off. Birds of any kind are very vulnerable to pretty much all predators....raccoons, skunks, snakes, hawks, weasels, coyotes, even rats can hurt birds. If this were mine, I would cover it top to bottom with hardware cloth, bury railroad ties and set this on top of it to keep things from digging under. You could possibly keep rabbits in this space, possibly a few quail.

Back
Top Bottom