What’s the point of medicated chick starter?

Why do they still make and sell medicated chick starter if they are a horrible feed for baby chicks?
Many things are horrible for lots of living creatures, yet they still make them...
Yes and like was said it is to help prevent a truly HORRIBLE disease called cocci as was said. It's your choice to feed medicated or non medicated. I see it as a prevention feed. I also bring soil in small amounts to help them adjust to the bacteria load naturally. All soil has cocci in it as I understand it. You can't get away from it. This is why I start them out with medicated feed as well. I'm a worry wart but don't think it's horrible to offer a bit more protection from a bacterial load that can litterly KILL them. It's a choice but it's NOT horrible. It's a protection of sorts.

Yes and like was said it is to help prevent a truly HORRIBLE disease called cocci as was said. It's your choice to feed medicated or non medicated. I see it as a prevention feed. I also bring soil in small amounts to help them adjust to the bacteria load naturally. All soil has cocci in it as I understand it. You can't get away from it. This is why I start them out with medicated feed as well. I'm a worry wart but don't think it's horrible to offer a bit more protection from a bacterial load that can litterly KILL them. It's a choice but it's NOT horrible. It's a protection of sorts.
how early do you give soil? mine are 2 weeks and really getting energetic. I'd like to cut them a square of dirt/plants to bring in for play, bc it's still too chilly here to take them outside.

how early do you give soil? mine are 2 weeks and really getting energetic. I'd like to cut them a square of dirt/plants to bring in for play, bc it's still too chilly here to take them outside.
There's not a magic cutoff of when it's best by, but "as early as possible" if you're hoping to build up their immunity via exposure.

Back
Top Bottom