What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
Umm they don’t lay rainbow eggs? Seriously I thought they did. I’ve seen pics ppl posting with their pastel colored eggs, hey guys look what my Easter Eggers laid! That’s disappointing.
some of them lay blue eggs. they stick with one color though, so if you accidentally get a brown egg laying EE, congrats, you have brown eggs.

I don’t get quail. They’re pretty, but do ppl eat there eggs? Or I mean is there a reason for quail? Other than cause they want them.
the eggs are small, but valuable as they are a key ingredient in Korean food. there's not a very big market, but if you find the right buyer, a carton of quail eggs can go for $10 a dozen!

if you then breed it to a rooster who's sisters do lay blue eggs, you can make a chicken that lays green eggs.
You might get green-laying daughters from that, or you might get brown-laying daughters from that, depending on how many blue egg genes the rooster has.

Just like an Easter Egger hen might have sisters that lay blue or green but she herself lays brown, the same sort of thing can happen with roosters. Having sisters who lay blue or green does not tell whether the rooster himself inherited the blue egg gene. If he doesn't have it, he cannot give it to his daughters either.

dude, a bobcat ate 3 of my chickens the other night, and my Broody birds sat on the eggs wrong and crushed all their chicks................. why do I even let them nest? how do I get rid of a bobcat????
I never have dealt with a bobcat before.. I actually know absolutely none about bobcats other than the fact you get rid of them the same way you get rid of coyotes in one thread I saw, But I do not think bobcats and coyotes are alike.

Back
Top Bottom