What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
Umm they don’t lay rainbow eggs? Seriously I thought they did. I’ve seen pics ppl posting with their pastel colored eggs, hey guys look what my Easter Eggers laid! That’s disappointing.
Each hen lays just one color. So you might have one that lays blue, one that lays green, one that lays "pink" (which looks brown to me!), one that lays white, etc.

The colors can shift a little bit from day to day, but not a lot. So the green eggs might be a little darker or lighter on different days. The blue eggs might be a little bit green sometimes but not others. The brown eggs might be lighter or darker.

On occasion, the brown eggers may lay white (it's as if they forgot to put the color on the outside.) When the same thing happens with a green egger, the egg comes out blue, because green eggs are blue ones with a brown coating on them.

Most chicken suppliers start talking to you about the most random stuff.

"Hey, Do you need some bobos, Some hoo-has, Maybe if you're lucky we have some Doodasflipflops in stock."

And when you decide on a chicken they start questioning you like an interrogation

"Are you sure..? This chicken smells like garbage every Thursday and attacks anything yellow. It lays small eggs as well!!!"
Are you sure..? This chicken smells like garbage every Thursday and attacks anything yellow. Itl
Each hen lays just one color. So you might have one that lays blue, one that lays green, one that lays "pink" (which looks brown to me!), one that lays white, etc.

The colors can shift a little bit from day to day, but not a lot. So the green eggs might be a little darker or lighter on different days. The blue eggs might be a little bit green sometimes but not others. The brown eggs might be lighter or darker.

On occasion, the brown eggers may lay white (it's as if they forgot to put the color on the outside.) When the same thing happens with a green egger, the egg comes out blue, because green eggs are blue ones with a brown coating on them.
Holy Moly, this isn’t like the cartoons at all! You feed the chicken, the chicken makes a noise out comes the egg. No no. There’s things, complicated chicken things. :)

Hey that’s a great strategy! Only buy what I can pronounce! So like what, 3 breeds? lol
You can probably have Rhode Island Reds, several colors of Rocks (White, Barred, Buff), Polish (many colors there), Jersey Giant (black and white), Delaware, so definitely more than three breeds.

I would guess you can also do Sussex, Hamburg, Japanese Bantam, Orpington, Old English Game Bantam.

If you want meat, try Cornish Cross (also pretty easy to pronounce, I think.)

You can probably have Rhode Island Reds, several colors of Rocks (White, Barred, Buff), Polish (many colors there), Jersey Giant (black and white), Delaware, so definitely more than three breeds.

I would guess you can also do Sussex, Hamburg, Japanese Bantam, Orpington, Old English Game Bantam.

If you want meat, try Cornish Cross (also pretty easy to pronounce, I think.)
And leghorn. I totally pronounce leghorn.

Back
Top Bottom