Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

So I've got these cute little mixed Serama chicks. (Parents are auction birds, could be pure for all I know but I think mixed 🤣 but, they've got gold faces so I'm kinda thinking they came from one of the gold hens? The rooster is black but has a little silver leakage. Any opinions? Of course it'll be hard to tell at this age anyway but it's fun to guess.
IMG20240310182035.jpg

IMG20240310182044.jpg

IMG20240310185506.jpg
IMG20240310185502.jpg

And then this little cutie went broody! She surprised me, none of them went broody last year. I don't think she could set on more than 4-5 though 🤣
IMG20240311194228.jpg

I'd really love to breed some more that look like her, I love the dark head and gold body

So I've got these cute little mixed Serama chicks. (Parents are auction birds, could be pure for all I know but I think mixed 🤣 but, they've got gold faces so I'm kinda thinking they came from one of the gold hens? The rooster is black but has a little silver leakage. Any opinions? Of course it'll be hard to tell at this age anyway but it's fun to guess.
View attachment 3771222
View attachment 3771221
View attachment 3771218View attachment 3771220

And then this little cutie went broody! She surprised me, none of them went broody last year. I don't think she could set on more than 4-5 though 🤣
View attachment 3771217
I'd really love to breed some more that look like her, I love the dark head and gold body
I am lost with the black head on gold body on that hen.

Looker for sure though.

I too would think gold face = gold hen.

I am lost with the black head on gold body on that hen.

Looker for sure though.

I too would think gold face = gold hen.
It was part of the reason I bought them, she was just so different and interesting lol. Plus I only paid like $2 each so that was even better.

That's what I'm thinking, cause the rooster has the silver leakage and the only other dark hen is the silver laced, unless they're hiding genes it would make sense the gold would throw that coloring 🤷‍♂️

Good morning Ponders, we are dry the rest of the week.
May get the new part of the garden tilled end of the week.
That will be good then 3 more times before we plant in it.

Back
Top Bottom