Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Happy Sunday Pond Folks!
My last duck hen’s hatch has started. I see at least 2 so far
01CA5820-3F08-4B37-BA26-03195C49D057.jpeg

And the chocolates’ babies are all doing well
CFBA0F7E-077F-45B6-93A0-EEF8668964AE.jpeg

I tried letting the 2 that I hatched out, but one of the mommas attacked them, so they will hang out on my back porch for a little while lol
B7321097-20A2-4A21-A3B6-8BCD9D275E41.jpeg

Happy Sunday Pond Folks!
View attachment 3137140

View attachment 3137141

I tried letting the 2 that I hatched out, but one of the mommas attacked them, so they will hang out on my back porch for a little while lol
View attachment 3137142
The duck babies are so stinking cute!!

It's raining! It's been raining since last night! It's June! (Of course it's supposed to be 103⁰ by the end of the week...)

:hugs

Maybe start buying POL pullets so you know for sure they’re girls?
POL? I’m feeling a little less caffeinated than normal & I can’t think what that is. :oops:
We are careful to never hatch, never buy straight run, never pick the chick standing in the feed bowl. We’ve had a lot of auto sexing birds, but they’re not always easy to find here & can be boring.

I think I’m just a walking 10%.

Frankie has wanted silkies for years. They only come straight run here. Can you imagine my luck? Every single one of them would be cockerels. 🤦‍♀️

Happy Sunday Pond Folks!
View attachment 3137140

View attachment 3137141

View attachment 3137142
DUDDERS! 🥰

POL? I’m feeling a little less caffeinated than normal & I can’t think what that is. :oops:
We are careful to never hatch, never buy straight run, never pick the chick standing in the feed bowl. We’ve had a lot of auto sexing birds, but they’re not always easy to find here & can be boring.

I think I’m just a walking 10%.

Frankie has wanted silkies for years. They only come straight run here. Can you imagine my luck? Every single one of them would be cockerels. 🤦‍♀️

DUDDERS! 🥰
I think waiting until they’re old enough to tell what sex would be a good thing. But are silkies hard to know even when they’re adults? I know nothing about them.

I have no idea…. Cry.

It’s so hard to find homes for these guys out here. It breaks my heart every time. We are a forever home. It’s goes totally against my grain to yank them from their flock mates & rehome somewhere else.

I know people do it everyday, but we are a tiny operation. When you have 3 birds & you have to single one out & remove it, it really hurts. It hurts me, it hurts Frankie, it hurts the bird. 😭 I hate it! ☹️
I feel ya im still trying to figure out how many boys i have and what i will do wiht any of them. But u have the inner strength to do what u need. u know they ahd a good life with u and u know ur doing the best u can for all of them.

Back
Top Bottom