Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

My outdoor sink was frozen this morning. :mad:

Just a light frost, but I didn’t realize it was going to get that cold. I still have to get the rest of my potatoes out of the ground!!

Oscar hunting
View attachment 2886748

Fall is here. Around the block from my house, thought this tree was so pretty, I stopped to take a pic this morning.
View attachment 2886749
Weren't you the one moving into that old school?

How is that going?

Weren't you the one moving into that old school?

How is that going?
Nope... that is my dumb ass. 🤣
Not me. That’s @shawluvsbirds. I’m sure we are due for an update!
Well.
The hubby has done a LOT of work cleaning it all up.
We are to a point now we can start getting some windows put in if we can ever afford it, and then start construction on building us a bathroom/laundry room. We do have power and water out there now.
I'll try to get some updated pictures for y'all.

Like everything else in Life, life gets in the way.

Last year the city got on our case about the abandoned house on our back lot in town and we had to pay to have it taken down.
Then I had my ordeal back in January when I passed out and broke my ribs.
They weren't real sure why I passed out so they sent me for an echocardiogram that cost a fortune among other tests.
I had a varicose vein problem that required a surgical procedure.
Then I had a uterine ablation.
Then our truck broke down for good finally and we had to buy a new one. So the budget is tighter than ever.
And of course the cost of everything to do any kind of construction has skyrocketed.
He almost has enough material saved up to build my Bird Barn.
Hopefully we can start putting that up sometime real soon.
We have to have a bathroom and a place for the birds to go and some fence for the dogs before we can even think about listing the house in town for sale.
Right now would be the perfect time to sell too...
We keep beating our heads against the wall trying to figure out how we can make it all happen.
We need to be able to sell this place so we can move forward faster.

Well.
We are to a point now we can start getting some windows put in if we can ever afford it, and then start construction on building us a bathroom/laundry room. We do have power and water out there now.

Last year the city got on our case about the abandoned house on our back lot in town and we had to pay to have it taken down.
They weren't real sure why I passed out so they sent me for an echocardiogram that cost a fortune among other tests.
Then our truck broke down for good finally and we had to buy a new one. So the budget is tighter than ever.
And of course the cost of everything to do any kind of construction has skyrocketed.
We have to have a bathroom and a place for the birds to go and some fence for the dogs before we can even think about listing the house in town for sale.
We keep beating our heads against the wall trying to figure out how we can make it all happen.
Sometimes it's damned if you do damned if ya don't
You can do it !

Well.

Ah!

Stupid city rules!

Making you tear down a perfectly good rental! :lau They probably won't even let you live in your car! :eek:

Ah!

Stupid city rules!

Making you tear down a perfectly good rental! :lau They probably won't even let you live in your car! :eek:
Forget the rental...it was serving as a good privacy block. I wanted it left there until I could move.
Had to put up more privacy fence to keep myself and the dog from going insane.
There went some More money.

Forget the rental...it was serving as a good privacy block. I wanted it left there until I could move.
Had to put up more privacy fence to keep myself and the dog from going insane.
There went some More money.

Thanks for the update!

We really want to add a bedroom and laundry room onto our cabin at the farm (I’m honestly ready to move there now and basically live off-grid in this crazy world) but two more rooms will cost about as much as the whole place did a few years ago! Good grief.
Thanks a bunch Brandon.

Back
Top Bottom