Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I just have to vent. DS texted me about 5:00 and said they were 15 minutes out of (big town, 2 hours from here) and were going to “stop and stretch our legs”. And proceeded to suggest I bring kids and dog into town so they can all be at their own house for a while. Town is 20 minutes from here. Stopping to stretch one’s legs to me means, “we’ll be back on the road in 15-20 minutes or so.” Nope. I got a text at 6:40, telling me that they were just leaving said town, ETA is 8:50 and “it might just be best to take them into town.” Being the kind, generous mother I am, I texted back and told them, “We’ll see how things are going. Your dog stinketh again, Dad’s raking hay and I’m not up to wrangling both dogs and both kids by the lake. She’s not getting into my car.” I think my dog and the wretched little beast rolled in some rotten soybeans. Worst stench ever. The best (and yet still ineffective) way to describe it is the worst diarrhea you can imagine mixed with decaying roadkill. You know, when it’s still a bit juicy. The roadkill, I mean.
No way should you cater to their whims...

And no way should their very stinky dog enter your car. :sick

@bobbi-j - good! I'm glad they came.

Korea son called (face to face with the Kakao app - a Korean facetime) - the kid must have ESP. SO good to see him and talk to him, and make him laugh. (I was hiding from Mom and her many, many words, in my room at the time.)
I understand hiding from words. The 4-year old has so, so many of them. And he uses them ALL day long.

I’m so glad you got to see your boy’s face!

I understand hiding from words. The 4-year old has so, so many of them. And he uses them ALL day long.

I’m so glad you got to see your boy’s face!
You’ve beyond earned a staycation. :hugs

Twin A made it to Korea yesterday. Twin B now has a South Dakota driver's license and plates for the car. It's so real, people.
So bittersweet. :hit:hugs

According to school guidelines - which are following CDC - if you’re not exposed for more than 15 minutes and are further than 6’ away, you’re safe. How long do you people hug, anyway? (Hug quickly, then back away. Any of the activities going to be outside?)
Now you've nailed it; I believe it comes down to inside vs. outside. Since this whole nightmare started I've only worn a mask when I had to. Bear in mind, however, that we're not subdivision people. We're out in the fresh air. Were it not for my compromised immune system, I probably wouldn't have gotten vaccinnated at all

Back
Top Bottom