Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

This has to be the funkiest chick I've ever hatched. I mean, the eyebrows just give it a whole different attitude. I'm not sure what it is actually 🤣😅 I was thinking it was BLRW X EE but it has a single comb and that ee has a pea comb and if I understand genetics right than it should either have a rose comb, pea comb or a mix of the two (which all my other EE chicks have) so then that leaves the mama to be Australorp, welsummer, brown leghorn (really doubt those two) or a very small chance of being novogen. Which who knows what that would throw though the known ones I've hatched out came out buff. It does have pink legs and not yellow ones so I guess it's probably Australorp? Funky either way. I hope it keeps the eyebrows.
View attachment 2742361View attachment 2742363View attachment 2742364
Huh... I would guess Australorp over EE.

Interesting!

Has it been horrid hot over where you are at?

For some reason I thought all of the heat was on the west coast. :idunno
Yeah, it's been hot, alright. Mid-90's during the day, which by itself is tolerable, 'til you factor in the humidity, also in the 90's. Gets pretty brutal in the Summertime

Has it been horrid hot over where you are at?

For some reason I thought all of the heat was on the west coast. :idunno
Hot and humid. Heat I can deal with. Humidity :barnie 74 F with a high of 87 predicted, but the humidity is 80%. Something smells bad on my lily pad.

Good morning, Pond.

Good morning, Pond!
Hope all is well!
I've had Mom here since the 15th of June - she leaves to 20th of this month (oh yeah, happy July everybody!). She has really gone downhill since her last visit (mentally the most - physically a bit) so I can't leave her alone. It's been a bit rough, but we're hanging in.

Yeah, it's been hot here - earlier than normal - but it's pretty standard fare for this time of year.

Is this young man a Cochin? @WVduckchick - anybody? He was a mystery bird in a chick shipment. He's super mellow and very quiet.
IMG_20210701_063710954.jpg

Hot and humid. Heat I can deal with. Humidity :barnie 74 F with a high of 87 predicted, but the humidity is 80%. Something smells bad on my lily pad.

Good morning, Pond.
Had storms last night & again this morning; keeping the temps down for a while. Feels good.

Back
Top Bottom