Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

How'd your Mom get after getting pulled out of the oven?
My moms twin sister. I call them my mothers because they’re identical & inseparable. They are good. They’ve stayed locked in my moms house all weekend in the ac. The weather has dropped substantially today, back down into the 80’s. Thanks for asking! :hugs

My moms twin sister. I call them my mothers because they’re identical & inseparable. They are good. They’ve stayed locked in my moms house all weekend in the ac. The weather has dropped substantially today, back down into the 80’s. Thanks for asking! :hugs
She's been on my mind; glad she's o.k. Seems like someone always succumbs to the heat & humidity each Summer. I've pretty much stayed in the basement all week; only go out when I must.

I’m SO jealous! Do watch one all year & just know, or do you wait till you need it to pick?
Wait until we want one... then we go out and pick one.

On my list of things to do this year is to thin a bunch of them.

Many are growing too clumped together.

This has to be the funkiest chick I've ever hatched. I mean, the eyebrows just give it a whole different attitude. I'm not sure what it is actually 🤣😅 I was thinking it was BLRW X EE but it has a single comb and that ee has a pea comb and if I understand genetics right than it should either have a rose comb, pea comb or a mix of the two (which all my other EE chicks have) so then that leaves the mama to be Australorp, welsummer, brown leghorn (really doubt those two) or a very small chance of being novogen. Which who knows what that would throw though the known ones I've hatched out came out buff. It does have pink legs and not yellow ones so I guess it's probably Australorp? Funky either way. I hope it keeps the eyebrows.
IMG_20210630_200314583.jpg
IMG_20210630_200320416.jpg
IMG_20210630_200330104.jpg

She's been on my mind; glad she's o.k. Seems like someone always succumbs to the heat & humidity each Summer. I've pretty much stayed in the basement all week; only go out when I must.
Has it been horrid hot over where you are at?

For some reason I thought all of the heat was on the west coast. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom