Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

:frowHowdy toe dippers .I am NEVER going to be a phone person :barniedo make reading up easier .
:lauI buy all my dog food there. You really have to price shop .They are really to high on a lot of their stuff. I got a box of tire patches there and found the same thing for half of thier price at autozone.Did you know Wazine is off the market :th
Y'all have Southern States co-ops in your neck of the woods? I can't say about TSC's dog feed prices, but I had to buy a bag or two of horse feed or chicken feed when I ran out & Southern States was closed; TSC more expensive.

Mornin' pad parkers :frow
Did you know Wazine is off the market :th
Isn't that the dumbest thing ever?
Yep, I know about their prices. We would stop at the one near the "big" city when we have to do the oncologist road trip. We have a great Fleet Farm and a local family feed mill for our feeds but it's nice to have a place to buy the "extras" especially when they are needed quickly or you want see the product first. The big thing for me is the choice they will offer to PICK the chicks I want. No place within several hours drive carries live chicks in the spring. Only down side to this is that I don't wind up coming home with all the "Charlie Browns" because I can't stand to leave them behind.:rolleyes: Yeah, I really am one of those.

Think the guys would like this? :lau:lau:lau
75603428_10156557510881781_6148064007107379200_n.jpg

Hey Pond,
Where is everyone? :idunno It’s noon here, and no one has posted since yesterday. I hope you all are well.

I had bonus time at home this morning. Just as I was putting my shoes on to walk out the door, school called with a message that we’d be 2 hours late due to a “utility problem”. Then my student didn’t get here for another hour. I had him for 7 minutes, then it was my lunch time. Due to altered schedule I had one class with him, then his lunch, and then I’m off to 6th and 5th grades. It’s a great day!

Hey Pond,
Where is everyone? :idunno It’s noon here, and no one has posted since yesterday. I hope you all are well.

I had bonus time at home this morning. Just as I was putting my shoes on to walk out the door, school called with a message that we’d be 2 hours late due to a “utility problem”. Then my student didn’t get here for another hour. I had him for 7 minutes, then it was my lunch time. Due to altered schedule I had one class with him, then his lunch, and then I’m off to 6th and 5th grades. It’s a great day!
Ha! Like pretend work.

Pretty cool!

Well, the boys were up today (1 son + son's son) and brought grandpa the small tractor with the nice BIG snow thrower!!! :highfive:
Gun deer season opens on Saturday so they were puttin' up their tree stands and did a little work on the trails. They checked their trail cams and, surprise, there were 2 nice smaller bucks and one mature buck with a very nice at least 8 point rack. They'll be back early Friday to get settled in and ready for the hunt.
The camp cook (aka me) will have a big pot of clam chowder simmering and a loaf of fresh bread cooling so they can eat whenever it strikes them. Saturday morning EARLY it's hot biscuits, sausage and pan gravy. Then it's thermos' full of coffee and pockets full of deer camp cookies baked the day before and off into the dark they'll go. While everyone's in the woods I'll be making a full on early Thanksgiving feast, making sure there's plenty extra for any hunters that just "happen" to pop in around supper time to check on any success and swap stories. (I always get at least one or two. One year we had such an overflow we had to park a few on the porch!) :cool: I wish more of the boys could make it for Pa, (He lights up when they come) but I'm thankful for these. Life has been getting in the way as their own families grow and change and the numbers have dwindled the past few years. Who knows? Maybe one or two more sons/grandsons will be able make it yet. :fl
I had clam chowder when I visited the USA many years ago. I can get clams here and they are reputed to be decent.
Would you be so kind as to post your recipe?

Back
Top Bottom