Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Morning, Pond!
Our blizzard was cancelled at 7:40 this morning. We're still in a winter weather advisory for wind and a little more snow. Maybe an inch. Here is the snow report:
View attachment 1735853I guess we won't be having any picnics soon.
View attachment 1735855
Hard to see through the screen, but the tree branches are hanging way down.

DH went on a scouting mission and reported anywhere from 12-20", depending on where you look. Lots of drifting in odd places because the wind was NE instead of the usual NW. I just keep reminding myself that it's April and it won't last long.

Ouch!

He just came in and said, "This is the absolute worst mess I've ever had to deal with. Not the snow, but the 6" of mud that's underneath everything."

Official report from town is 17".

That is very true! Having mud under the snow makes a tricky mess just asking for you to get stuck! :barnie

I’m a grandmother again :wee

Human child? (Seeing as we were talking pigeons and goats earlier)

Congrats! Male, female??

Okay, it's officially spring. 'My' phoebes have returned to the beagle club, and today I saw the first tree swallow.

:th I have another month before the swallows make it up here.

BUT we do have Varied Thrush and Cranes... so SPRING ! :wee

Ouch!

That is very true! Having mud under the snow makes a tricky mess just asking for you to get stuck! :barnie

Human child? (Seeing as we were talking pigeons and goats earlier)

Congrats! Male, female??

:th I have another month before the swallows make it up here.

BUT we do have Varied Thrush and Cranes... so SPRING ! :wee
Most of our early spring birds showed up a couple of weeks ago. Probably regretting their life choices right about now...

Back
Top Bottom