Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hello Pond peeps!
Sorry I was absent all weekend, if anyone missed me. :D

BYC has been a bit wonky on me lately. Pages won’t load, then they do, then they don’t. So I mostly gave up.

Absolutely love the Catio stuff, even though I can’t have cats. That house deb posted is too cool. But I definitely can’t imagine 15 cats lol
Of course, I probably said that about chickens or ducks one day long, long ago too. :lol:

I did keep up with the Pigeon thread over the weekend, since I found one of my 2-week olds on the verge of death. But I brought them both inside and the near-dead one came back to life! I’m hand feeding for a few days, until it warms back up outside.

Brewer and Brick.
View attachment 1705664

Parents not feeding them enough?

Too cold?

Glad they pulled through.

Parents not feeding them enough?

Too cold?

Glad they pulled through.

Parents were feeding them, but we had a nice warm spell, and they were spending more time off the nest, starting to wean the babies. They had spent a couple nights nearby them, but not in the nest with them. Temps dropped again and we dipped back below freezing (it’s 25F this morning!) and Sunday morning they were very cold.

I took a video of my first try bottle feeding. They are doing well with it now, and have gained weight really well. I took them to work with me yesterday :lol:

I'm starting to think building a catio was a very bad & very expensive idea. :th

:th
Hopefully it will be worth it when it’s done. Hang in there. :fl

I'm starting to think building a catio was a very bad & very expensive idea. :th
Uh oh... Why?

It's no good, I just can't do any more of those "Hi y'all, Ima brand new chicky momma an I just love all my little cuties" introduction posts.:rant:rolleyes:
Just scroll on by...

Parents were feeding them, but we had a nice warm spell, and they were spending more time off the nest, starting to wean the babies. They had spent a couple nights nearby them, but not in the nest with them. Temps dropped again and we dipped back below freezing (it’s 25F this morning!) and Sunday morning they were very cold.

I took a video of my first try bottle feeding. They are doing well with it now, and have gained weight really well. I took them to work with me yesterday :lol:

:th
Hopefully it will be worth it when it’s done. Hang in there. :fl
Glad they’re doing better!

I’m highly seasoned - though more attention to personal hygiene may sort that :p
:frow

Back
Top Bottom