Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Congrats on the dishwasher Al! :highfive:

Im goin to bed.. y'all have a great night... see ya tomorrow..:frow:hugs

Sleep well Lisa!

Drove a couple hours each way to pick up GD, and she slept all the way home, so I have a feeling she will be up for a while. :p

20181116_174234.jpg
20181116_174154.jpg
20181116_174044.jpg
My Halloween HAL babies.

This really isn't in the same league as what your poor birds have been through, but I found it somewhat amusing, with a little stupid thrown in:
First thing yesterday morning I turned out my 5 Orpingtons. It was snowing pretty good, with a couple inches on the ground. They'd never seen snow, and weren't in a big rush to get out. They wandered out, but didn't go very far. I noticed a hen walking back toward the pen, her belly dragging in the snow. Later on, DW saw a few of them huddled under the exterior nest box on the side of the other coop. They could just as easily have gotten under their own coop, or under the shed/shop, either option drier than where they were, but they stayed there all day.

I went out after dark to close everything up, and discovered the 3 of them, 2 hens & the rooster, still roosting under the next box, totally unprotected from marauding foxes or coons. I gathered them all up & dumped them in the pen with the mutts, 'cause I didn't feel like carrying them one by one back to their own place. Surprisingly, the rooster let me pick him up with no problem except some wing flapping. The regular residents were asleep, so I didn't hear any commotion. Don't know about this morning ; haven't been out there yet.

Just proves, once again, that chickens aren't all that bright.
Haha!! True! Snow? I would really just like November to show up in the weather department! :)

Good morning , Pond. @WVduckchick, is that lint on the Pond this morning? Our predicted 1-3" turned into 6" +. not much for many but enough to screw things up around here as road crews were not prepared and did nothing. A 20 minute ride to the doctor's office took 45 minutes.

@orrpeople, thanks for stopping by. Sorry that I missed you, but glad that your world is okay.
Sour!!! :hugs

Happy Friday, Pond! It’s a slacker day at school today. The drama dept. is doing several performances that are taking up most of the day. So pretty much the entire day is spent watching plays.

With wolves nipping at your heels?

DH and I, along with his sister and BIL process all of our deer. The guys quarter them, bring the parts in the kitchen and we cut roasts and chops and trim burger meat.

We have 4 deer to process tomorrow. It will take a good part of the day.

Sounds like you process like we do. Tenderloin for lunch or supper on processing day for sure! We don’t skin our deer until the day we butcher - their theory is, it keeps the meat from drying out.

Oh, how very, very sad!

Count me in!

Awesome recap, Shaw!

Hugs to you too, Orr!

She is taking a break. She got spanked a few too many times for speaking bluntly which caused hurt feelings.

It seems that trauma in the elderly can be fatal more often than not.
Does your school take all of Thanksgiving week off? For me, one does... and one doesn't. At least I'll have Wed. thru Fri off though. (Okay, I digress now), but I think I told you one of my college classes us full of second language learners (mostly south American soccer players). Anyway, one of them thought "though" meant "dude" because we throw it on the ends of sentences so much. I think he's clear on it now, but every time I use it as a subordinate conjunction during a lecture, he says something like, "You, too, dude." Gotta lIove a Brazilian with a sense of humor. :)

Does your school take all of Thanksgiving week off? For me, one does... and one doesn't. At least I'll have Wed. thru Fri off though. (Okay, I digress now), but I think I told you one of my college classes us full of second language learners (mostly south American soccer players). Anyway, one of them thought "though" meant "dude" because we throw it on the ends of sentences so much. I think he's clear on it now, but every time I use it as a subordinate conjunction during a lecture, he says something like, "You, too, dude." Gotta lIove a Brazilian with a sense of humor. :)

That’s funny right there. :D

Back
Top Bottom