Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Caesar is getting big!

iQJjvBoEOvtxk56apYBGLSN6TVJXLtmIPnZtx7JIUt-b8EbvpeapIQJouKtWh_UQQ_3vPZpgytI68loK4XEAndmM0mRPIvXttyUxnJcnfbiBakHafcGWAi4z6xb2pebs2h5RSev9uUsH3EWPdjkbaR86bIkL039izQrhaFTOaOybkSFvylPQggC7cVNo-QiybfO8s_9wK2lRMXFG2i8yrcNBX2_ni0cS_7JJlMJpD8eaIILgRZugO8vp46mgVgvx-0KU4jLPEnz4pHUDM8GZv4wNGoSQDAzJwoXrtEErlV_ZVBp9Oris4fKTe4bqMPXM_uPXRm-xPe0hUYzT3W2jGNkiGu0TqfsUzDiAmzGyP0ZAIg91ywei11g70A-ftQkog-16mAtRONLpXAmAeL-OCANhrdXr0W3VnSt4qWuu6DU0NxXtm-1lJpUq6RXvOKKJyurm9N95Qm2C7HVKxsg8EsqixEkyRNSZDVpxXxG4C_4eVeoo_oOl0Ib3CmK2Mre2E5El8b9WEhKll5hR-zaMP9NvTxJ8MH1ebBy3uy4ONDJuC6UDNVn9OVJJYisOMQWbXnn4bmB60HMVisZX9s9NjMKZYzbbls-3SGkpJXs=w603-h662-no

Really didn't intend to keep him but I think that ship has sailed.

Whoa! :eek:

It's come and gone and ya missed nothing:hugs
I didn't tell anyone except Cap cos she was sending me rose clippings and I told her it was great cos she was shipping them on my birthday.:D
But she was supposed to keep it quiet..:oops:

Oh naughty Lisa! :rant:bun Happy belated! :hugs
Good job Cap! :highfive:

Sorry about all the posts.:oops: My multi quote seems to be broken. :confused:

Hey @shawluvsbirds! What does the hubs think about artificial insemination for cows? My vet charges $28 for the procedure. Plus you have to buy the goods too. I know I’ve read they have a lower fertility rate. But :idunno. We would like to breed our jersey with an angus. And I thought it might be physically easier on her plus we can pick characteristics we want.

Hello everyone! I can’t keep up on this thread.:drool Anything new and exciting?

nothing wrong with it, can be pretty good since picking sires is nice.

How good the pregnancy rate is depends a GREAT deal on how good your tech is... super gentle, no blood/irritation from the procedure. .. and... uh.... if you rub her clitoris after you dump off the load. .. it actually increases the pregnancy rate. And if you make sure that you get her right at heat... not after.

That price is crazy nice... if it includes the farm call.

nothing wrong with it, can be pretty good since picking sires is nice.

How good the pregnancy rate is depends a GREAT deal on how good your tech is... super gentle, no blood/irritation from the procedure. .. and... uh.... if you rub her clitoris after you dump off the load. .. it actually increases the pregnancy rate. And if you make sure that you get her right at heat... not after.

That price is crazy nice... if it includes the farm call.
That’s great advice. My vet specializes in larger animals so I hope it works. And picking the traits is what is appealing. Other than it being better for my cow. And then hopefully I will know beforehand if they produce overly large calves.

That’s great advice. My vet specializes in larger animals so I hope it works. And picking the traits is what is appealing. Other than it being better for my cow. And then hopefully I will know beforehand if they produce overly large calves.
Hubby said good idea. . and good price, it's buying the goods that will cost. And sometimes it don't take.

:hitGood morning America! I need help! My hatch rates have been awful in these two brides ovation incubators! I know it’s me, just not sure what I’m doing wrong! Fertility is good but I have 12 eggs and only 3 have hatched, one more has peeped. I assisted a perfectly healthy chick to make it out. Only one more is trying to pip. When I have assisted I have been in and out FAST! Throwing a wet warm wash cloth rebounds the humidity immediately. The hatch was due to start hatching last night. There’s just no more pips at all! Humidity around 70% temp spot on.
Help help help please! This is the second batch with a bad hatch rate. I’m doing everything I’m supposed to. :he

:hit

but you're getting a goose????

You musta been the one that stole it.

I have no idea what that one is going to turn out like, but it's the biggest! And the loudest. And the group leader. Momma gets too far away and it's always the first one doing the peep finder.
Would I do a thing like that?

:hitGood morning America! I need help! My hatch rates have been awful in these two brides ovation incubators! I know it’s me, just not sure what I’m doing wrong! Fertility is good but I have 12 eggs and only 3 have hatched, one more has peeped. I assisted a perfectly healthy chick to make it out. Only one more is trying to pip. When I have assisted I have been in and out FAST! Throwing a wet warm wash cloth rebounds the humidity immediately. The hatch was due to start hatching last night. There’s just no more pips at all! Humidity around 70% temp spot on.
Help help help please! This is the second batch with a bad hatch rate. I’m doing everything I’m supposed to. :he
Have you calibrated thermometers and humidity testers?

Back
Top Bottom