Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hey, Pond. Have read and kept up with you all today, but don't have the oomph to respond. Crazy day at school today, then went to the "big town" an hour away as soon as I got home to do some shopping. Got home at 8:30. Kind of stiff today, so heading for a hot bath. Have a good night, everyone!
Goodnight Bobbi "tuck tuck".

eh... see, I was thinking of upgrading to an electric thing with a temp read out.... and the ones I looked at had more wires than the wafer.... and I froze.

:sick that is what I was worried about... Doctoring each individual bird every day.... for how long... we did that once... I think only 2 treatment
s.... didn't work. Just knocked them back.

Maybe I will pick the worst ones and do them... maybe just 3 birds every day for a week.. . but then they will pick it back up from the other birds. :barnie:barnie:barnie Not sure what I wanna do. :he

ooh! Do you like the guy? Or do we need to send out a hit squad? :old

Ha! Didn't even remember that. Actually the incubated eggs were only bantams... didn't treat the bantams since they were still laying and in a different coop.... ha! Wonder if they are infested ... I didn't look at them that close ... I really need kids to check for bugs. .. my eyes are too old.

Very nice! Did you stick a meaty cock over them so that you can incubate?
Yup! Not yet.

89° today. I, all by myself, figured out how to change the pad in the barn swamp cooler, clean the whole thing out, and get it back up and running. Well done, Orr, nice work and all that; the chickens thank you.

@Ravynscroft and @Fields Mountain Farm - your goslings are adorable!!! We had geese when I was a kid. We let the female raise a brood - definitely one of the highlights of my childhood!

eh... see, I was thinking of upgrading to an electric thing with a temp read out.... and the ones I looked at had more wires than the wafer.... and I froze.

:sick that is what I was worried about... Doctoring each individual bird every day.... for how long... we did that once... I think only 2 treatment
s.... didn't work. Just knocked them back.

Maybe I will pick the worst ones and do them... maybe just 3 birds every day for a week.. . but then they will pick it back up from the other birds. :barnie:barnie:barnie Not sure what I wanna do. :he

ooh! Do you like the guy? Or do we need to send out a hit squad? :old

Ha! Didn't even remember that. Actually the incubated eggs were only bantams... didn't treat the bantams since they were still laying and in a different coop.... ha! Wonder if they are infested ... I didn't look at them that close ... I really need kids to check for bugs. .. my eyes are too old.

Very nice! Did you stick a meaty cock over them so that you can incubate?

Stop looking at the electronic thingys and just look at a new wafer, try that and see if it fixes it... less brain trauma for you, lol... ;)

With mixing the pour on into the vaseline, you don't have to do several days treatment, just try 2 days.... the pour on should kill them off right away, the vaseline to seal it in just helps make sure it penetrates all the way to the deep ones... ask @WVduckchick about it, that's how she treated hers with scaly leg mites...

The guy she married is the one she was with originally... she said he changed his bad habits and that was the only issue... so :fl

Even in different coops, if the others had bugs the bantams most likely do too... best to get them all together or they will end up passing back around anyways... jmo...

Your last comment... :duc :duc :gig

89° today. I, all by myself, figured out how to change the pad in the barn swamp cooler, clean the whole thing out, and get it back up and running. Well done, Orr, nice work and all that; the chickens thank you.

@Ravynscroft and @Fields Mountain Farm - your goslings are adorable!!! We had geese when I was a kid. We let the female raise a brood - definitely one of the highlights of my childhood!

Good job, orr, good job!! :thumbsup

And thanks! They're certainly little (huge) heartstealers, lol...

So, yesterday there was a police helicopter flying over my house. It sounded like they were going to land on my roof so I went out to look. Next thing I know my whole street was blocked off by more cop cars than I could count & there was a K9 unit walking thru the field in front of my house. The dog got wind of someone hiding in the bamboo & went tearing in, followed by like 10 uniforms. They pulled the guy out of the field bloodied by the dog & spent the next couple hours searching thru the field. Turns out the guy had robbed 3 stores right down the street at gunpoint, then ran into the field, tossed the gun & hid in the bushes. They obviously couldn't find the weapon. They were out there till after dark last night with flashlights & half the day today. They even brought the guy (one arm fully bandaged) back out to help them look this morning. They were gone when I came back this afternoon & I don't know if they ever found it or not. I'm hoping they didn't just give up & leave it out there. They left a few used latex gloves & a dried puddle of blood in the middle of my road. :sick
I love police dogs!!! :love He was so happy he got the guy

Stop looking at the electronic thingys and just look at a new wafer, try that and see if it fixes it... less brain trauma for you, lol... ;)

With mixing the pour on into the vaseline, you don't have to do several days treatment, just try 2 days.... the pour on should kill them off right away, the vaseline to seal it in just helps make sure it penetrates all the way to the deep ones... ask @WVduckchick about it, that's how she treated hers with scaly leg mites...

The guy she married is the one she was with originally... she said he changed his bad habits and that was the only issue... so :fl

Even in different coops, if the others had bugs the bantams most likely do too... best to get them all together or they will end up passing back around anyways... jmo...

Your last comment... :duc :duc :gig
I loved my last comment. ;) :ya

And ok... I can do twice (hack, wheeze) to EVERYONE?? sheesh! Maybe I can pay the boys with some ground beef and buns. :drool

And then.... twice, as in one week apart, right?

:lau and yeah, you are right as always... should probably just get a new wafer... I can swap out easy. :old

So, yesterday there was a police helicopter flying over my house. It sounded like they were going to land on my roof so I went out to look. Next thing I know my whole street was blocked off by more cop cars than I could count & there was a K9 unit walking thru the field in front of my house. The dog got wind of someone hiding in the bamboo & went tearing in, followed by like 10 uniforms. They pulled the guy out of the field bloodied by the dog & spent the next couple hours searching thru the field. Turns out the guy had robbed 3 stores right down the street at gunpoint, then ran into the field, tossed the gun & hid in the bushes. They obviously couldn't find the weapon. They were out there till after dark last night with flashlights & half the day today. They even brought the guy (one arm fully bandaged) back out to help them look this morning. They were gone when I came back this afternoon & I don't know if they ever found it or not. I'm hoping they didn't just give up & leave it out there. They left a few used latex gloves & a dried puddle of blood in the middle of my road. :sick
I love police dogs!!! :love He was so happy he got the guy
Sad that they didn't clean up after themselves. :rolleyes:

Glad nothing bad happened.

BTW, I am tired of being cold! Still double layered both top and bottom... AND huddled under a blanket... and I keep loosing my hat! Sheesh! I am worse than the boys! :barnie

Sad that they didn't clean up after themselves. :rolleyes:

Glad nothing bad happened.

BTW, I am tired of being cold! Still double layered both top and bottom... AND huddled under a blanket... and I keep loosing my hat! Sheesh! I am worse than the boys! :barnie

Yea I thought it was kind of weird. One of the cops drove off with a latex glove on top of his car. Me & DH were rolling our eyes at each other. :rolleyes: I'm glad it all worked out ok too! It could've ended badly. The dog had a vest on but the cop didn't.

I'll buy a bottle of coke tomorrow & see if it really does clean blood off the pavement.

I loved my last comment. ;) :ya

And ok... I can do twice (hack, wheeze) to EVERYONE?? sheesh! Maybe I can pay the boys with some ground beef and buns. :drool

And then.... twice, as in one week apart, right?

:lau and yeah, you are right as always... should probably just get a new wafer... I can swap out easy. :old

I'm betting your dog would be extremely happy if you bribed the boys with some ground beef & bread. :gig

Back
Top Bottom