Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Or pining for the fjords?

Huh. I thought the drinkers in this group would take the quart, instead ;)

I have 7 chicks, not 8. And, of course, 'twas the chick notepad picked specifically out of the box Saturday morning... The chick was pasting up pretty bad shortly after my nap, and I got it cleaned up and was watching things. Didn't see anything until this afternoon, so I cleaned it up again, and noticed that it was skin and bones, and standing with wings out. It was interested in crumbles, and would drink if I touched water to the beak, so I managed to get a little into it. I think there was just something not quite right, though (not with jaw muscles, though--I didn't know something so tiny could close up so tightly!). Found it stretched out stiff under the MHP a few hours after feeding... 'Twas the reddish chipmunk.

Bummer, that one. I'm with Rav - keep mum about which specific chick it was. Ignorance is bliss, as they say :)

Oh, yeah!

LOL, I took it from under Joan. It's small, and if fertile it could be a Cemanicauna. :gig

How many ACs do you have left? I was thinking Joan is an AC, but then thought if she's sitting, they usually stop laying, so figured it came from another. :)

Cemanicauna :lol:

9 self blue OEGB's...

14 black & blue Silkies...

And I hatched Don King!! :lau :lau

And yesterday I found an internally pipped egg in CPP's nest... it sloshed around though and had me worried, so I brought it in and put it in the bator... external pipped last night, started to zip today but got stuck... I popped it free, let it dry and decided to see if mama wanted it back...

She did... :love

Gorgeous :love

No chit, cherlock :gig
#2 and #5 were my favs

Lol, did you get some too?

Pistol competition was pretty cool today. SS did very well for his first time, I think he is hooked lol. The old guys were impressed, and spoke highly of him, gave him pointers, very encouraging. Hubby didn't shoot, he just watched and helped. I might have to try it some day. :D

That's awesome! You all should shoot next time

Ladies are usually really good shots, you should shoot next time.
i know it's true here

I think #2 and #3 tied, so I say #2... ;)
Want pure Silkies this time??? :lol:
Btw, would be cool to find out what color egg the pullet ends up laying... :D
:lau
:oops:
Yeah, but hers were a complete surprise for all of us! :gig
i wonder if she's laying yet, I'll have to ask
It did freak me out a bit when they were hatching so early, lol

I have 7 chicks, not 8. And, of course, 'twas the chick notepad picked specifically out of the box Saturday morning... The chick was pasting up pretty bad shortly after my nap, and I got it cleaned up and was watching things. Didn't see anything until this afternoon, so I cleaned it up again, and noticed that it was skin and bones, and standing with wings out. It was interested in crumbles, and would drink if I touched water to the beak, so I managed to get a little into it. I think there was just something not quite right, though (not with jaw muscles, though--I didn't know something so tiny could close up so tightly!). Found it stretched out stiff under the MHP a few hours after feeding... 'Twas the reddish chipmunk.
that stinks :hugs I hope she doesn't notice the difference :fl

How many ACs do you have left? I was thinking Joan is an AC, but then thought if she's sitting, they usually stop laying, so figured it came from another. :)

Cemanicauna :lol:
Gorgeous :love

I have a trio of Cemani, but the cockerel has some leakage so I'm not sure what to do with him. May just keep them all as yard candy, but they really need their own separate area.

Joan is one of my legbar-halfloffs, surprised me that she went broody. She seems pretty serious about it so we'll see what happens.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7807086/width/200/height/400[/

And I hatched Don King!! :lau :lau

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7807090/width/200/height/400
I love this :lol:

The number of eggs you guys set is incredible! I'd be not too far behind you if only I had the space - oh, and a wife that wasn't scared of chickens :lau

My stepdaughter is terrified of chickens. She says they look into your soul. So I told her I had no soul for them to look into and now she's sort of scared of me too. Oops.

Me too! Just toying with the idea of blue egg-laying fella and ditching the one I have - gotta be better than waiting another 7-8 months and knowing :p  The only downer would be that its likely the no-crow collar would not fit an araucana fella :th Oh well, I'll just have to be patient and keep my bits and bobs crossed :D

Crossing your bits and bibs sounds like something that would make a sweaty mess. Just be careful when you sit down...

Back
Top Bottom