Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

So it looks like I may be out of the Cemani business. (Not that I was ever really in the business.) Took a good look at Buzzard today, and saw the dreaded coppery leakage in his hackles.
sad.png

Not sure if I want to try breeding from my trio now.

So it looks like I may be out of the Cemani business.  (Not that I was ever really in the business.) Took a good look at Buzzard today, and saw the dreaded coppery leakage in his hackles.  :(   

Oh, no! :(

I got a few extras if you want one, lol... you could hatch a good batch and just keep the boys until their hackle and saddle feathers come in and pick one without leakage... then use him back over your original girls...

Or I can send you something extra with those blue eggs (provided they friggin start laying, of course)...

You can beat it.... On 7 june 1995 I was told I had a few years to live. I was diagnosed with Chronic Granularsitc Leukemia. I was given Interferon II for a while but it quit working. In November of 1997 I had a bone marrow transplant (non related).
With a BMT they administer 10x the lethal dose of chemo.... No chit the nurses were wearing Hazmat for adults when they gave me a treatment. I saw the sizes they gave regular cancer patients it wasn't the huge bottle they were giving me..... I puked for weeks afterward. I lost 53 lbs before I could eat again. I was weak.... Couldn't talk or walk because of chemo killing so much of my body and brain..... But i had three kids and a wife who needed me.
I was told (after the fact) that because of the interferon my chances of survival are almost nil.
Then I went into something they called failure to thrive..... They almost gave up on me..... But shear bulk headedness pushed me through (and a lot of praying)..... Stay strong my friend.... Trust in God and never give up.
I got all enough after a 4 year recovery (Yeah it takes a long time) to go back to work for another 15 years.
I'm retired now because of issues related to the BMT.... But if so it again in a heart beat.
Feel free to PM me anytime you want there are a few others going through what you are that do. I always answer and understand what you are going through.

.... Phil

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, this has been year long battle for me and I'm just now to a point I can openly talk about having cancer. I don't know how I went as long as I did without friendships and understanding , I thank God everyday for the people I have met on here, I have a dear friend in Ravynfallon and a honary mom microchick and countless others here for me, it means more than I can say. I'm happy you are here and 4 yrs later better and able to share your story.

I'm thinking more, lol... 6 shelves that are 16" wide and 2 ft deep...

6 shelves? :eek:

Easy 100 per shelf. I'm changing my 2 to a 6 ... 668. :lau

So it looks like I may be out of the Cemani business.  (Not that I was ever really in the business.) Took a good look at Buzzard today, and saw the dreaded coppery leakage in his hackles.  :(   

That's one reason I don't want them. I don't have the hard-cull mindset for it.

6 shelves?
ep.gif

Easy 100 per shelf. I'm changing my 2 to a 6 ... 668.
lau.gif

That's one reason I don't want them. I don't have the hard-cull mindset for it.
I don't really either. Although they are pretty, inquisitive birds, I'm not sure I want to go down that hard-cull path either. I could just keep them as fibro birds or re-home them as project birds. Still I'm very happy that I won the eggs and have enjoyed watching them grow. Just need to decide where I go from here.

i just hopped on and read the last few pages.
hugs.gif
So nice to see friends coming together to lift each other up during hard times
love.gif
Kinda gives me hope in a world that often seems full of schmucks
tongue.png
No schmucks allowed at the pond.
lau.gif

Nice to see you around here, too.
hugs.gif
You doing OK?

Back
Top Bottom