Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

He's blue, has to be
wink.png
, but a very dark blue. I know someone who is growing out some very similar, and the blue is so dark that it mutes the lacing in the cockerels, but it looks very good on the hens. He's trying a different combination now to throw some lighter blues and see how that works out. I think your cockerel over blues, and a splash if you have one
big_smile.png
, would throw some very nice colors

ETA: I'd like to see a straight on shot of his breast. Any leakage around the shoulders?

frow.gif

Thanks Oz! Seeing your Am makes me bummed. I think I might have my little flock of them sold. Sad to see them go.

It's always fun starting over though!

Not now.  Rained a little overnight.  Humidity is still high of course.  How's it looking down your way?

Oh, just tracked my eggs.  Both are still showing at my local post office, but not out for delivery yet.  I'm watching them closely, so I know whether to go home at mail time, to get them out of the heat-humidity-rain-yuck. 

I'm not quite sure how they do that, but I had a dog that only picked the most perfect green peppers also!  :D

Hoping for more rain. It's actually nice here this morning. Yep, I'm putting eggs in the mail this morning and praying they don't start incubating in the truck.

He's blue, has to be ;) , but a very dark blue. I know someone who is growing out some very similar, and the blue is so dark that it mutes the lacing in the cockerels, but it looks very good on the hens. He's trying a different combination now to throw some lighter blues and see how that works out. I think your cockerel over blues, and a splash if you have one :D , would throw some very nice colors

ETA: I'd like to see a straight on shot of his breast. Any leakage around the shoulders?

No leakage but he has black secondaries.

I'd love to see a pic of your Firebird.  

X2! :D

I've just been slammed with work. And in other big news, we got an offer to sell our house that's too good to refuse, so we're selling it. The sad news is that means I'm getting out of the chicken hobby for a while. :(

Good and sucks... no reason to be a stranger though... we won't hold your chickenless status against you...

Riddle me this!? We've been picking produce since sunrise. How can a crow determine when a watermelon is at its peak ripeness? Those suckers will be in a pile of melons but only peck out the ripest ones!

Tap, tap, tapping on the rind of the melons...

He's blue, has to be ;) , but a very dark blue. I know someone who is growing out some very similar, and the blue is so dark that it mutes the lacing in the cockerels, but it looks very good on the hens. He's trying a different combination now to throw some lighter blues and see how that works out. I think your cockerel over blues, and a splash if you have one :D , would throw some very nice colors

*COUGH, COUGH*

Peanut gallery...

Not now.  Rained a little overnight.  Humidity is still high of course.  How's it looking down your way?

Oh, just tracked my eggs.  Both are still showing at my local post office, but not out for delivery yet.  I'm watching them closely, so I know whether to go home at mail time, to get them out of the heat-humidity-rain-yuck. 

I'm not quite sure how they do that, but I had a dog that only picked the most perfect green peppers also!  :D

Glad both tracking finally updated... hate when that happens... :/
:fl

It's always fun starting over though!
Hoping for more rain. It's actually nice here this morning. Yep, I'm putting eggs in the mail this morning and praying they don't start incubating in the truck.

Eh... just means shorter bator time... :gig

X2! :D
Good and sucks... no reason to be a stranger though... we won't hold your chickenless status against you...
Tap, tap, tapping on the rind of the melons...
*COUGH, COUGH*

Peanut gallery...
Glad both tracking finally updated... hate when that happens... :/
:fl
Eh... just means shorter bator time... :gig
Oh shut up

And your box, they actually changed from expected delivery tomorrow, to today!  :yesss:

I knew that was gonna happen, lol... our PO had a guy in the PO box area taking in packages if you paid by card... when he did the transaction it was a minute or 2 after official closing time... it always adds an extra day to estimated time then... :D ;)

I've just been slammed with work. And in other big news, we got an offer to sell our house that's too good to refuse, so we're selling it. The sad news is that means I'm getting out of the chicken hobby for a while. :(

Congrats on selling your house, as long as a new one doesn't cost you twice as much! DDs house value has gone up like crazy, so they'd make a big profit if they sold but they'd have to pay a fortune to get another one there. Not worth it.

Good luck with your moves!

:frow

Back
Top Bottom