We Quit Cigarettes

I didn't start out, at age 13, smoking two packs a day. So I knew I couldn't quit cold turkey. Some can, and I envy them. I was successful cutting down. I also used the patch to help, for a bit, and that gave me the confidence to keep on cutting down. But what really made me successful was the power of prayer. I knew I couldn't quit on my own. Just like any twelve-step program, I had to get help from that Higher Power, and He didn't let me down. This April 26 it will be 14 years since He gave me complete freedom from my addiction, and I've never experienced a craving since then.

I didn't start out, at age 13, smoking two packs a day. So I knew I couldn't quit cold turkey. Some can, and I envy them. I was successful cutting down. I also used the patch to help, for a bit, and that gave me the confidence to keep on cutting down. But what really made me successful was the power of prayer. I knew I couldn't quit on my own. Just like any twelve-step program, I had to get help from that Higher Power, and He didn't let me down. This April 26 it will be 14 years since He gave me complete freedom from my addiction, and I've never experienced a craving since then.
God is wonderful. :hugs

Congrats! Curiously, did you work the 12 steps on this addiction?

You did, but I didn't. :hugs
Lips Kiss GIF

Back
Top Bottom