Wazine?

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
I am in the process....just started today...of worming my flock. I have noticed quite a few light brown runny poos. I finally found Wazine 17. It said...use 60ml for a gal of water. However, it never said how many days...or doses to use. Also, it says on the bottle...Not for use in egg laying chickens used for human consumption. My birds are not yet laying...they are about 16 weeks old. Did I just ruin my chances of getting good eggs?? Im confused!

Wazine is not a broad spectrum wormer...it is only effective against large roundworms... so if your birds are having trouble with any other sort then it will be to no effect. Have a faecal done or choose a broad spectrum wormer such as ivomec Eprinix (see link below):
http://shilala.homestead.com/ivomec.html
(use spot-on method and not in waterer)
....or albendazol (the active ingredient in valbazen) >this is available through FirstStateVet Supply:
http://www.firststatevetsupply.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=72

I didn't know that it was only effective against roundworms, but you didn't ruin your chances of getting eggs. I wait two weeks after using Wazine to collect eggs, and they're fine after that.

Justusnak-

I bought Eprinex from Naylors Farm and Ranch - a local feed store. TSC may have it also, but I didn't check there. It ran about $40. I don't think a vet would carry it, but if they did it would probably be outrageously expensive.

ok, I found the culprets of the brown runny poos.... Its the cornishx! They are about 16 weeks old, I know , I know, they should be butchered by now...but they are not really too big, and they seem healthy, other than the poos and they are so darned friendly!( Maybe they know, being friendly keeps them out of the pot) LOL Now, with them being cornishx....would THAT explain the tan runny poos? Or would that still be worms? Hmmmmmm.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom