Watering chickens with lightly chlorinated water

funonahonda

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Central Ohio
Can you water chickens with lightly chlorinated pool water it is a 15' blue ring pool and it had a 3" tablet put in it 4 days ago, instead of letting all the water out on the ground can I hold some to water the chickens with. Thanks

If you drank it, would you be afraid of getting sick?

All these 'city chickens' who are drinking 'city water' are getting lightly clorinated water...
Just sayin....

Like mentioned anyne on publc water is drinking and giving their chickens chlorinated water. The other thing to know is that free chlorine has a short life. I'd say let it set for a day or so after the tablet is fully dissolved and there should be little if any free chlorine reading, you can check it with a test strip if you want.

A good rule of thumb to use(especially in case of a natural disaster) is 2-4 drops of chlorine per 1 gallon of water is safe for consumption and drastically reduces harmful parasites and bacteria. Any less and biological virus ect still flourish, any more could be toxic depending on how much you ingest/ intervals between consumption, ect. So I guess I would ask how many gallons of water that pool holds. if its less then say 100 gallons I wouldnt trust it.

Back
Top Bottom