Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM SORRY!!!

I am sorry. I owe everyone an appology. Both those I answered and those who had to read it.

I am in a great deal of pain today, that the meds are not doing a whole lot for. That is no reason to jump down anyone's throat.

I am very embarrased by my behavior and I hope that you will forgive it.

Sheila
Sheila, I am quoting the wrong post, but if you have chronic pain, you might be able to get a caregiver for help around the house. My sister has been a caregiver for my dad, and she would definately get rid of a rat! Just takes the right chicken-loving caregiver!
I know that at least a few types of animals can sort of 'select' based on conditions at the time (plentiful food vs. not much), so it would make sense that eggs might respond differently to temperature. That'd make an interesting experiment!

There was an article in Backyard Poultry about producing more hens at a lower temp, and hatching at lower temps for birds to be cold resistant, hight temps for heat resistance.

I am not thru the 500 posts, but I wanted to let you all know I am heading over to Judge Berrytangle's to p/u chicks. If you need something from her I am leaving Bonney Lake at 9am.

5 chicks of the dozen hatched. That is SO good fro eggs all the way from Maryland!

Oh boy! William just got into a yellow jacket nest and got stung 10 times! He's only 2!
hit.gif
Poor guy is a tough little booger and is just sitting watching a movie, but I bet he'll be knocked out soon. About 5 of the 10 stings were swelling like crazy so we gave him a huge (for his age) dose of Benadryl and put a baking soda paste with bandaids over the worst ones. What a rotten day for him! Isaac is leaving now to pick up some spray for the front yard to get rid of the nest. Argh!!!!!

Very nice. While you did nice on the corner gussets I really wouldn't think them need as once you put the plywood on you have taken away nearly all shear.
Also is there something under the bottom. That is where coons will dig under.
Oh, do you think I need to do more? The coop part is very secure where they sleep at night. I will be moving it a tiny bit to its permanent spot. Then do you think I need hardware wire or something around the perimeter too?

See, this is why I showed you all. That way I know someone will tell me if I missed doing something. You all are awesome!

This date is a ways away but for those of you near by it's not good to have it in your budget instead of November coming and not being able to take advantage of it.

Start saving now as I think feed prices going to get worse then they already are.

Day after Thanksgiving is Monroe Farm & Feeds yearly sale.
Besides feed you can buy a lot of other items on sale.
Their feed though is a great deal the years I been there I usally stock up and save lot of $$$!!!

That's a very cool coop design! I have never seen anything like it. Hmmm... gonna have to save this one for the future.
wink.png
I may only be able to have 6 birds... but the city never specified how many coops I can have!
gig.gif

It was very fun to build, even if we did just go by a picture and make it up as we went along, lol.

AND I bought a ladder today, so there will be no more standing on the bistro chair, haha

Quote: I sure hope you have many many people to move that.

I get a good laugh when I think about the first coop I made.
My idea was to use treated 2x4's for the vertical corners then everything else in 2x2's.

Surely that won't be that heavy to move I thought.
Couldn't have been more wrong. LOLOLOL!!!

Took 6 people to move that 4x8 coop and we had to take a few rest stops at that. LOLOL!!!

We only had about 15 feet to move it but it felt like a mile.

I get carried away when I build things as I remember the house my Dad and Uncle built for our family back in 1963 when wood was wood and framing was framing with all sorts of braces here and there.
I think that is in my blood.
That house be standing for another 200 years I guarantee you that.

Good to build your own when you can it is a great feeling when done.

Last edited:
HI 4312!!!!!

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif

How are you girlfriend? I miss you!!!!
clap.gif
frow.gif
Hey there.....hope all is well. gotta wash 15 birds for fair. Want to come help? Well, I will probably have son #2 at State this year. I may just make husband come and stay in a motel. That drive was sooooo scary. I bet your daughters are still traumatized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom