Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Haven't been here in awhile. Anyway, sometimes I lose this thread. Had 5 hens killed this past Thursday in the run that we thought was secure. DH fixed the weak spot in the fencing that we think the coons or other critter got in. I am nursing an injured one who was still breathing when we found them Friday morning. She has wry neck, from being grabbed by the head and upper neck, from the evidence. Not much bleeding. Cannot stand, so she just lays on her side, sleeps a lot and gets spoon fed for now. Have had lots of good advice on another thread. She is slowly improving. Such trauma for them, and me.

Haven't been here in awhile. Anyway, sometimes I lose this thread. Had 5 hens killed this past Thursday in the run that we thought was secure. DH fixed the weak spot in the fencing that we think the coons or other critter got in. I am nursing an injured one who was still breathing when we found them Friday morning. She has wry neck, from being grabbed by the head and upper neck, from the evidence. Not much bleeding. Cannot stand, so she just lays on her side, sleeps a lot and gets spoon fed for now. Have had lots of good advice on another thread. She is slowly improving. Such trauma for them, and me.
So heartbreaking. :hugs

Kinda cool today even the dogs don't want to go out side!!
traider 11.6.jpg

Attachments

• traider 11.6.23.jpg
    traider 11.6.23.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 0
  • scrappy 11.6.jpg
    scrappy 11.6.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 0
  • scrappy 11.6.23.jpg
    scrappy 11.6.23.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 0

Back