Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Everyone have safe happy Thanksgiving
yippiechickie.gif

1f629.png
. I just spent the last 15 min hunting for chickens that didn't make it into the coop. The only one that made it on his own was Pringles.
1f644.png
That would be the too I am trying to find a new home for. Big Blue and Little Blue were on the porch steps cuddled together. I almost stepped on them. That was my first clue about the coop population at that point. Eventually found the Red girls and Kai under the trailer. Still haven't found the australorp but finding a black chicken after dark...

not good mine darling had only given me 6 eggs before dark
normally I get 12 to 14 Blue aka Stew takes them in at dusk so we will see
whaen i close them in about 8 :30

Hi compost out that's a good one I have 3 large bins going for the garden picked up about 30 gallons of coffee grounds today for the composting.

Where did you get the coffee grounds from? I used to get coffee grounds from Starbucks but now that I have chickens I heard you're not supposed to put coffee grounds in the compost pile. Occasionally I will get some to put in the one bin that I have, it's more like a barrel that I spin. The chickens can't get in that one. So what is the story about coffee grounds and chickens?

1f629.png
. I just spent the last 15 min hunting for chickens that didn't make it into the coop. The only one that made it on his own was Pringles.
1f644.png
That would be the too I am trying to find a new home for. Big Blue and Little Blue were on the porch steps cuddled together. I almost stepped on them. That was my first clue about the coop population at that point. Eventually found the Red girls and Kai under the trailer. Still haven't found the australorp but finding a black chicken after dark...

Not good. Maybe lock them in the run for a while so they remember to go to the coop at night.

Back
Top Bottom