VERY strange poop

KLC321

Songster
6 Years
Dec 2, 2017
I found this very odd chicken poop in the barn. I've never seen anything like it. I thought it might be a worm but it didn't move when I touched it with a stick. It was malleable but didn't seem alive or once living. Does anyone have any ideas? Do I have a problem with my flock? I have 9 hens and a rooster. Thanks for any help or direction you can give me with this.

Attachments

• 20210928_133723.jpg
    20210928_133723.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 5
I agree, that looks to be a round worm with some blood-tinged intestinal shed. I would get some Valbazen and give 1/2 tsp for a 4-6 pound chicken orally, and repeat in 10 days. You also can use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound, given orally once and again in 10 days. For SafeGuard only, it can be given for 5 consecutive days to get most all possible chicken worms.

I agree, that looks to be a round worm with some blood-tinged intestinal shed. I would get some Valbazen and give 1/2 tsp for a 4-6 pound chicken orally, and repeat in 10 days. You also can use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound, given orally once and again in 10 days. For SafeGuard only, it can be given for 5 consecutive days to get most all possible chicken worms.
Thank you so much for the information! I'll worm my chickens tomorrow when the wormer arrives. That should be fun 😱

Back
Top Bottom