VERY SADDLED duck egg! Need help please! šŸ˜©

To upload a video here first put it on YouTube then share the link
I see yellow bruising right at the air cell in a few pics
To me that looks how mine do when they internal pip
I really would like to see a video
To see what I can see
I know, I want you to see the video as well!
If youā€™d like you can go to my TikTok page. Amy Northrop Andersen. If you donā€™t have TicTok Iā€™m on Facebook under the same username.
If you donā€™t have either Iā€™ll have to sign up for YouTube.
So do you think he internally pipped?
To me it doesnā€™t appear he has because I can usually see their beak moving very clearly.. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Please let me know if I need to sign up for YouTube. Iā€™m not sure why I canā€™t upload because it says it takes videos from both Facebook and TikTok.

This little guy is a real mystery!! šŸ˜Š

Iā€™ve opened up safety holes and a bit more without directly getting the bird out. I start off twisting a hole at the top with a screw- in the air sac area. Then taking off pieces until I see the little guy. In this photo thereā€™s red veins, so he was still absorbing. Once it was all absorbed he popped out.
1EEEF096-CF11-4298-9A25-445F5D054ECB.jpeg

High humidity results in a longer time for the absorption process amongst other things.

Cover the exposed membrane in water or, what I did, coconut oil. I use a q-tip (largely exposed) or a napkin (not very open- twisted tight like a stick. Ripped off little piece). Keep humidity in check when theyā€™re exposed like this.

Hi Amy
Howā€™s your little duck doing Iā€™m really rooting for him and will be praying for him! I hope he makes it!! Your daughter sounds so sweet itā€™s so sweet she cares how old is she?

Back
Top Bottom