Very pale comb and skin?

My mom's hen has gotten a tiny bit of pink color back, not much, but a tiny bit from electrolytes. So im hoping she can hang on till we get all medication and get her better. When I give her de wormer n coccidiosis meds and pests meds. Can I do it all at once or one at a time?

My mom's hen has gotten a tiny bit of pink color back, not much, but a tiny bit from electrolytes. So im hoping she can hang on till we get all medication and get her better. When I give her de wormer n coccidiosis meds and pests meds. Can I do it all at once or one at a time?

How I do it is deworm with a direct fed dewormer like Valbazen or Galliverm Plus, treat for coccidiosis 5-7 days, then run vitamin-probiotic powder in waterers for 2-3 days, then on the 10th day, deworm once more.

Since you are using Wormout in water, treat water for two days like the label says. On the 3rd day give Corid (Amprolium) in water for 5 days. Avoid any scratch grains and just give pellets/crumbles. On day 8 , give Probios dispersible powder at 1 tsp per gallon of water mixed with .25 tsp of vitamins-electrolytes if you are using Dawes, Durvet or other similar brand. Then on day 9 give just vitamins-electrolytes. On day 10 & 11, give Wormout in water again.

You should see improvement 2-4 days into treatment.

How I do it is deworm with a direct fed dewormer like Valbazen or Galliverm Plus, treat for coccidiosis 5-7 days, then run vitamin-probiotic powder in waterers for 2-3 days, then on the 10th day, deworm once more.

Since you are using Wormout in water, treat water for two days like the label says. On the 3rd day give Corid (Amprolium) in water for 5 days. Avoid any scratch grains and just give pellets/crumbles. On day 8 , give Probios dispersible powder at 1 tsp per gallon of water mixed with .25 tsp of vitamins-electrolytes if you are using Dawes, Durvet or other similar brand. Then on day 9 give just vitamins-electrolytes. On day 10 & 11, give Wormout in water again.

You should see improvement 2-4 days into treatment.

We can only afford the 2 day treatment of wormout. I'm hoping that'll work till next time. Then I can buy more of it.

However only 15-20 are going to be dewormed at the moment.

You should get them all. If one has them, the others likely have them. I have dosed that many birds individually and it may take a little over a half hour the first time. The best time to handle them is in the morning before sunrise when crops are empty. It helps to have banded bird so you don't accidentally dose the same bird twice.

The other option is listed below from Mississippi State's website (Safe-guard suspension is 10% Fenbendazole). You can reduce mixture of .5 oz Safe-guard to 7-8 lbs of feed, .25 oz for 3-5 lbs of feed etc. I would do a three day treatment if I were doing it this way:

PARASITE (INTERNAL) SOLUTIONS

Fenbendazole Treatments
One-day Treatment
1 oz Safeguard or Panacur per 15-20 lb feed
Dissolve the fenbendazole product in one cup of water. Mix this solution well into the feed and give to the birds as their only feed source for one day. When completely consumed, untreated feed can be given. Be sure that the commercial medication contains 10% fenbendazole.

You should get them all. If one has them, the others likely have them. I have dosed that many birds individually and it may take a little over a half hour the first time. The best time to handle them is in the morning before sunrise when crops are empty. It helps to have banded bird so you don't accidentally dose the same bird twice.

The other option is listed below from Mississippi State's website (Safe-guard suspension is 10% Fenbendazole). You can reduce mixture of .5 oz Safe-guard to 7-8 lbs of feed, .25 oz for 3-5 lbs of feed etc. I would do a three day treatment if I were doing it this way:

PARASITE (INTERNAL) SOLUTIONS

Fenbendazole Treatments
One-day Treatment

1 oz Safeguard or Panacur per 15-20 lb feed

Dissolve the fenbendazole product in one cup of water. Mix this solution well into the feed and give to the birds as their only feed source for one day. When completely consumed, untreated feed can be given. Be sure that the commercial medication contains 10% fenbendazole.

I already ordered that gel and the birds are seperate. I only have enough money to do the larger group.

Back
Top Bottom