Very pale comb and skin?

I got this hen from a friend today I kept her separate from my other birds and gave her a worm treatment in the water and I'll get what I need tomorrow.I'm not sure what to get first any help would be great thank you

I used what's called wyzine worm treatment is it going to work or should I try something else. She actually seemed a little more perky but Maybe it was just the move

The problem with piperazine, the ingredient in Wazine, is that it is only effective against roundworms. Piperazine paralyzes the worm and they are passed in droppings. That is bad if the bird has lots of worms. The benefit of benzamidazoles is that they cause cellular damage to a worms in general without being harmful to birds.

You're both welcome. Let me know how your birds fare with treatment. There are common problems we come across raising birds, and once we find a good regiment of prevention, many of those common problems can be avoided. Sometimes it is a crap shoot and many different diseases demonstrate the same symptoms. Young birds under a year are often more susceptible to these diseases than older birds, and they are detrimental to growth and developing immunity.

I got this hen from a friend today I kept her separate from my other birds and gave her a worm treatment in the water and I'll get what I need tomorrow.I'm not sure what to get first any help would be great thank you

You might want to check for lice and mites.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom