Vaccinating small flock against Newcastle Disease

teamtmo

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 25, 2015
Simi Valley, CA
I recently found out that Newcastle disease is rampant in Southern California right now and I want to protect my flock.
However, my 3 year old chickens have never been vaccinated against Newcastle disease. I tried to research vaccination schedule for ND, but only found info on vaccinating chicks and pullets.
What vaccine should I start my adult chickens on (I would like to vaccinate them with the Newcastle disease/Bronchitis combo).
Also, how often should I re-vaccinate them?
Can I eat the eggs of my hen right after I vaccinate her, or do I need to wait some time before eating them? I'm pregnant and want to make sure I am protected as well. (My husband and elderly mother who lives with us are taking care of the chickens at this time since I can't).
Thank you.

Talk to your state veterinarian! Call and get information from the state vet's office, or the veterinary school, or USDA. I've been getting emails about the spreading outbreak there, and hope it misses your flock.
All the best,
Mary

Hello, did you find info about a vaccine for newcastles? I have some beautiful Phoenix Chickens I want to list for sale but am worried about trying to sell them when Newcastles is present. I am in San Dimas.

Back
Top Bottom