Utilize the crumble and pellet dust!!

TOP KNOT

Songster
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
SHERIDAN IL
I thought that I would share with you what I do with the dust/powder left over from crumbles and or pellet feed. I put it into a pail and add some water to make a mash. The chickens think they are getting a treat!! They eat every drop of it this way!! I really hate to waste it because there seems to always be that fine stuff that they ignore to eat.
big_smile.png

My girls do that with just about everything. The other day I brought out some old tomatoes and they had them gone in under three minutes! I give them table scraps and old fruit and veggies all the time, and you would think they would slow down with them after a while. Nope! :lol:

Great idea. I was thinking about adding some other ingredients and baking it like a bread to give them. Glad to hear that isn't necessary.

I froze some crumble in a pie plate with some canned corn(not drained) , they pecked at it till it was gone

Great idea. I was thinking about adding some other ingredients and baking it like a bread to give them. Glad to hear that isn't necessary.
Yes that is what I am thinking about doing Maybe an omelet!

I thought that I would share with you what I do with the dust/powder left over from crumbles and or pellet feed. I put it into a pail and add some water to make a mash. The chickens think they are getting a treat!! They eat every drop of it this way!! I really hate to waste it because there seems to always be that fine stuff that they ignore to eat.
big_smile.png
I have been mixing the dust with and egg and water and cooking chicken pancakes Then I just chop it into small pieces and my 10 week old ones eat it right up Uses up the crumble dust and provides extra protein Win-win

Back
Top Bottom