USDA - number of fowl recorded with name and address of buyer

Unfortunately we have a govt that tracks EVERYTHING and short of overthrow, it's the world we find ourselves living in. Where was all the protests about suveillance and tracking when this all started with Clinton, continued with Bush and put on steroids by Obama?

We heard a lot about NAIS when it first came out. Now, they are quieter about it, keep repackaging it like the North Carolina required registration of flocks. And if you go to the Georgia USDA site, it says help keep Georgia flocks safe, register your premises. Yeah, right. That will only tell them that I have birds they can eradicate when a commercial flock gets a disease in my area. No thanks. I think overall, people are too complacent and won't push back enough. They aren't ready to defend their rights like they used to be. Sad.

If it wasn't for my husband, I would probably not even have the internet. Off-grid, as far as those things go, is the only way to stay the least bit anonymous. And it's nigh to impossible.

A Mother Earth News article from 2007. Have heard less and less since those years.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Homesteading-and-Livestock/National-Animal-ID-System

Last edited:
Sounds like they wanna know where to come when SHTF. I just got chicks from TSC and they asked for nothing and bought from Rural King last year and this year...No questions there either.

do they do this to check if there are quials/chickens allowed in your area or not? if not will they come to my house?

please let me know
I gave my real name and address. they said it was for marketing purposes!

Back
Top Bottom