URGENT this one chick is way less active than the others, smaller, eats less, and its leg looks really messed up. Idk if we can do anything

If you have Sav-a-chick or nutri-drench, put some in her water. Try hand-feeding her egg yolk or scrambled egg.

Is she under the heat source?

I had a very weak chick, and I would dip her beak in water a few times, dip my pinky in raw egg yolk, & touch it to her beak a few times. Made a pocket in my sweatshirt and held her against me to sleep for 20-30 minutes after eating & drinking. Then repeat same process. I did this for about 4 hours before I put her under the heat plate for the night, and repeated for another few hours in the morning. She had a bit more energy thr next afternoon, and then was zooming around with the rest. She remained slightly smaller than the others, and is slightly smaller now, even her egg is smaller than the others of her breed. But she is going strong.

Good luck. Hopefully you have the time to try this. I thought I was going to lose mine but by some miracle she pulled through!

If you have Sav-a-chick or nutri-drench, put some in her water. Try hand-feeding her egg yolk or scrambled egg.

Is she under the heat source?

I had a very weak chick, and I would dip her beak in water a few times, dip my pinky in raw egg yolk, & touch it to her beak a few times. Made a pocket in my sweatshirt and held her against me to sleep for 20-30 minutes after eating & drinking. Then repeat same process. I did this for about 4 hours before I put her under the heat plate for the night, and repeated for another few hours in the morning. She had a bit more energy thr next afternoon, and then was zooming around with the rest. She remained slightly smaller than the others, and is slightly smaller now, even her egg is smaller than the others of her breed. But she is going strong.

Good luck. Hopefully you have the time to try this. I thought I was going to lose mine but by some miracle she pulled through!
thanks for this, people here are way nicer than the people on reddit.

Back
Top Bottom