URGENT!!! how long should i wait before cutting the umbilical cord on a chick?

So cute!
clap.gif

I've had some of mine have that and they seem alright now. Except two that had yolk sac attached to it died, (ones intestines piece was hanging out.) How did yours turn out?[/quote
That turned out to be yolk that wasn't fully absorbed. I put her in a cup big enough for her to lay down in with a warm wet cloth (under the heat lamp). The yolk absorbed a little more but she started getting fidgety so I let her out. We were extra careful with her and it just dried up and fell off!

I've had some of mine have that and they seem alright now. Except two that had yolk sac attached to it died, (ones intestines piece was hanging out.) How did yours turn out?[/quote
That turned out to be yolk that wasn't fully absorbed. I put her in a cup big enough for her to lay down in with a warm wet cloth (under the heat lamp). The yolk absorbed a little more but she started getting fidgety so I let her out. We were extra careful with her and it just dried up and fell off!

That's wonderful!

ok guys it came off on its own and the chick is perfectly healthy. thanks!!! here are a few pics of (her)(he).
The last response was correct leave it be for at least 12 hours. My silkies did the same thing and are able to release after proper drying. Ditch the still air inc and pony up for a digital with egg rolling, humidity % indicator, and air movement. I lost 6 fertilized eggs because of a cheap incubator and $100 was worth the productivity for a new one. Just hatched a second one within 3 days😉

The last response was correct leave it be for at least 12 hours. My silkies did the same thing and are able to release after proper drying. Ditch the still air inc and pony up for a digital with egg rolling, humidity % indicator, and air movement. I lost 6 fertilized eggs because of a cheap incubator and $100 was worth the productivity for a new one. Just hatched a second one within 3 days😉
Thread was 5 years old

Back
Top Bottom