URGENT: Coccidiosis?

Thank you so much @Eggcessive! Will the 16 oz. liquid and 10 oz. powder be enough for 5-7 days? I have 3, 1 gal. waterers.
The dosage varies based on whether you are using it to prevent coccidiosis or treat it. I'm currently treating a potential case in my flock using the dosage advised to me: 2 tsp per gallon for 5 days, then half of that dosage for another 5-7 days.

Until the medication arrives for you, I strongly suggest doing a very deep clean of your chicken coop. Also, my vet advised using diatomaceous earth - sprinkling some on the chickens and over their food. You can also use some organic apple cider vinegar (with the "mother") in their water. Allegedly it can help with coccidiosis, but haven't been able to find any definitive proof it can cure it. But it can't hurt either. Just be sure to only use it in plastic waterers, not the metal ones (vinegar will eat away at the protective lining in those).

Good luck.

The dosage varies based on whether you are using it to prevent coccidiosis or treat it. I'm currently treating a potential case in my flock using the dosage advised to me: 2 tsp per gallon for 5 days, then half of that dosage for another 5-7 days.

Until the medication arrives for you, I strongly suggest doing a very deep clean of your chicken coop. Also, my vet advised using diatomaceous earth - sprinkling some on the chickens and over their food. You can also use some organic apple cider vinegar (with the "mother") in their water. Allegedly it can help with coccidiosis, but haven't been able to find any definitive proof it can cure it. But it can't hurt either. Just be sure to only use it in plastic waterers, not the metal ones (vinegar will eat away at the protective lining in those).

Good luck.
Thank you! 💚 How much of the powder do I give? I have just cleaned out the coop right before they got sick, bummer. :rant

Thank you! 💚 How much of the powder do I give? I have just cleaned out the coop right before they got sick, bummer. :rant
If by powder, you mean diatomaceous earth - my vet just told me to sprinkling it around and over the food, but not to "go crazy". So basically, there isn't a specific recommendation other than don't be excessive with it.

Also, just to clarify - the Corid dosage I listed above is for the liquid version. Dosage for powdered version is different. I have a 16 oz bottle and it's more than enough to treat my flock of 12.

DE is not going to help coccidiosis, so I would not waste the money on it, which is expensive. ACV won’t help either. Do you have a feed or farm store near you? Sorry that you had to order the Corid since most farm stores have it.

DE is not going to help coccidiosis, so I would not waste the money on it, which is expensive. ACV won’t help either. Do you have a feed or farm store near you? Sorry that you had to order the Corid since most farm stores have it.
Yes, TSC had only the liquid but for $32. That's the only place they have it near me. But online they have it for cheaper and it was much easier to buy, though I did spend a bit more for them to deliver it tomorrow to take no risks.

The 20% powder dosage is 1.5 tsp per gallon of water or 3/4 tsp per quart.That is expensive, because here the liquid is us a bit less expensive. I haven’t priced it recently, but it usually is under $25. Valley Vet online has it for $23, but most people can’t wait for shipping.

The 20% powder dosage is 1.5 tsp per gallon of water or 3/4 tsp per quart.That is expensive, because here the liquid is us a bit less expensive. I haven’t priced it recently, but it usually is under $25. Valley Vet online has it for $23, but most people can’t wait for shipping.
Thank you! I started giving them treatment last night and I will keep updated. 💚

@Eggcessive, I found this as I was about to sit down and spend time with my loves. It is definitely fresh. I started Corid treatment yesterday morning. Any thoughts, and are they getting better?
Bloody Poop 2-Bella.jpg
Bloody Poop 3-Bella.jpg

Back
Top Bottom