Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Thank you! I think the issues were from the head trauma. I learned I need to continue the Wry Neck treatment for 3 -6 weeks and add fish oil and vitamin B complex (instead of polyvisol). I am doing that. Since adding fish oil, Sweety's feet are getting a little more stronger every day :) I am just trying to figure out how much B complex to give her since it is a tablet and she is only 3 pounds.

If you are using a 500 mg tablet, give 1/8 per qt of water. However, it is water soluble so they often can get rid of it easily enough if you overdose a bit.

Can I mix Wazine with the Corid?? My birds are suddenly sick and dying. Not sure if coccidiosis or worms or what. No blood, maybe some diarrhea. I am going to give both starting with the Corid. If I could mix it would be nice. I know powdered Corid is 1.5 tsp per gallon x 5 days ( per the previous posts) and wazine is for one day( 1tsp/gal)
Thanks!

Can I mix Wazine with the Corid?? My birds are suddenly sick and dying. Not sure if coccidiosis or worms or what. No blood, maybe some diarrhea. I am going to give both starting with the Corid. If I could mix it would be nice. I know powdered Corid is 1.5 tsp per gallon x 5 days ( per the previous posts) and wazine is for one day( 1tsp/gal)
Thanks!
I have given Safeguard and Corid at the same time. Can you get Safeguard instead?

-Kathy

Last edited:
I treated my chicks' water with Corid but now need to do my hens. The problem is that they are free range and drink from everywhere. If I put the Corid in their water I doubt they will get much of it. Can I give it directly to them in a syringe? How much would I give them per day?

I treated my chicks' water with Corid but now need to do my hens. The problem is that they are free range and drink from everywhere. If I put the Corid in their water I doubt they will get much of it. Can I give it directly to them in a syringe? How much would I give them per day?
If you have the liquid you can give .2 ml per 2.2 pounds. Do you have the liquid?

-Kathy

No, I have powder. However, I do have a gram scale and can mix it with water and give it via syringe.

I looked up the dosage. For a 5 pound chicken it needs 20 mg per day, which is .1 grams of the powder. Instead of mixing it with water, can I just mix it in with their veggies? Does Corid taste bad to them? Will they eat their food if I mix it in there? Sorry for all the dummy questions. ;)

Last edited:
No, I have powder. However, I do have a gram scale and can mix it with water and give it via syringe. I'll have to look up the dosage. Or can I just mix it in with their veggies? Does Corid taste bad to them? Will they eat their food if I mix it in there? Sorry for all the dummy questions. ;)
Not dumb questions, lol, you're the first that has asked that has a gram scale!

Since you have a gram scale you could weigh one gram, then place that one gram in a 10ml or larger syringe, draw up to the 10 ml mark. Now you have 10 ml of liquid with 200 mg amprolium (20mg/ml) and the dose you need to give is 1ml per 2.2 pounds (20mg/kg). Let me know if my math is correct, lol.

-Kathy

Not dumb questions, lol, you're the first that has asked that has a gram scale!

Since you have a gram scale you could weigh one gram, then place that one gram in a 10ml or larger syringe, draw up to the 10 ml mark. Now you have 10 ml of liquid with 200 mg amprolium (20mg/ml) and the dose you need to give is 1ml per 2.2 pounds (20mg/kg). Let me know if my math is correct, lol.

-Kathy
Your math is perfect! Is it easier to syringe it in the birds rather than add it to feed? I'm used to treating horses (not chickens) and it is way easier to mix it in their food. LOL I suppose giving 1 ml of liquid in a syringe to a hen can't be too traumatic.

Back
Top Bottom