UPDATE...VERY DISAPPOINTED...1st Eggs .... 2nd order arrived! YAY

Layin Eggs

Songster
12 Years
Nov 4, 2007
South Eastern, MA
Well I ordered 12 Buff Orp Eggs to try out my bator for the first time. Anxiously awaiting the mail each day, they finally arrived on day 4. My excitement quickly turned to disappointment when the box was dilivered in a plastic bag with wetness seeping out of the box.
ep.gif

Everything was completly covered in nasty egg goo. Once they were sorted 6 eggs had managed to survive the journey.

My husband manged to clean the intact eggs with dry cloth. We set those 6 BO eggs in the bator and added a dozen of our girls eggs. I'm not sure of the likelyhood of the Orps. hatching but I am hoping for the best.

We did take photos and sent them to the shipper. She was very nice and is shipping us out a new batch. they will be here next week. Will it be a problem adding those eggs almost a week later? I am worried about when we up the humidity on the first eggs added.

Anyway here are some of the pics.
brokeneggs002.jpg

brokeneggs009.jpg

brokeneggs006.jpg

brokeneggs010.jpg

Last edited:
That is so sad.
hit.gif
You must have been really disappointed. Well, look on the bright side: six were able to be saved. and hopefully they'll hatch!
fl.gif
Good Luck!
big_smile.png

Thats one of the worse packing jobs I have ever seen...and the labels on the outside of the box just scream for someone to shake the box!!...I would never label a box that said it had eggs inside....Fragile yes but not that there are hatching eggs inside....

I think that's paper towel or a napkin, maybe they were wrapped in them to fit them tighter in the egg carton?

They do look like cooked eggs.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats awful!
Dont worry about putting the other eggs in a week later, just mark them and set them away from the other eggs so that when the chicks from the other eggs hatch, they dont roll all over the other eggs.

OMG! That is the worst packing job i have ever seen!
he.gif
Was this an auction seller like eggbid or ebay? I've had silkie eggs come in the mail broken (not as bad as this) but some of the egg goo got on the good eggs, I'm against washing eggs, but i lightly wiped them with a damp paper towel and they hatched fine, they should be fine for another week, just turn them everyday to be on the safe side. I've hatched 3 week old eggs with no problem, just take care of them up until incubation time! Good Luck!
(Also... Maybe you should inform the seller that her packing isn't good enough to be sending eggs, it's a hard pill to swallow for some people but it would save her from shipping 2nd batches of eggs or losing customers, just my .02)
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom