Unsuccessful baby duck

Well we just ordered 4 from them so I’ll let you know how it goes…I had to fill the void of the loss for my daughter and no one local will have them until the end of march…we ordered 4 to be safe and so the little one wouldn’t have to travel alone
So glad you're trying again! What breeds did you pick out, and when do they arrive?

I order NOW off of ebay i buy 10lvbs at a time I have 30 birds. It comes in different sizes.
But Braggs carries a good one too but in the grocery store it's only a small container.
This is what I ordered

Attachments

• IMG_2582.png
    IMG_2582.png
    660.4 KB · Views: 5
Can I ask what state you live in because now I’m scared something might happen to the babies before they get here…I’m in New Jersey
Hopefully they will come from Tennessee and they will be fine. Metzers ships all the way from CA to the east coast and ducklings are fine when they arrive . Main thing is getting to the PO as soon as they call. When you get them home get them under heat dip their little bills in warmish water and soon they will recover from the trip and be running around. You might want to pick up Rooster Booster "Poultry Cell" and put it into their water for the first week or Poultry nutri Drench and do the same.

We managed to hatch a baby duck and she seemed to be thriving,she was eating swimming playing and just chirping away.She loved my daughter and she was my daughter’s whole world. But her eye started sticking shut and we would fix it with a warm wet q-tip and it seemed to be working she had just finished swimming and playing so we gave her some food and water and she seemed perfectly fine then all of a sudden she went limp and died….omg my daughter is so upset….what did we do wrong? What should we have done differently?
Im so sorry for u..ducklings shouldn’t be wet all the time..yes,ducklings love swimming..but they shouldn’t swim all the time and the water must be lukewarm neither cold nor hot..they should be warmed..and have their heat lamp lit..they can get cold which can be fatal…..Ducklings can also get tired and can drown

Hopefully they will come from Tennessee and they will be fine. Metzers ships all the way from CA to the east coast and ducklings are fine when they arrive . Main thing is getting to the PO as soon as they call. When you get them home get them under heat dip their little bills in warmish water and soon they will recover from the trip and be running around. You might want to pick up Rooster Booster "Poultry Cell" and put it into their water for the first week or Poultry nutri Drench and do the same.
What is that and can I get it from tractor supply?We picked up some of these to

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom