UK Member Please Say HI

hello @SteadyAsTheyGo :frow
what chickens have you got? (photos always welcomed on BYC!) And where are you?
Hello Perris :frow

I am the proud poultry parent of 58 cheeky chickens and I have Buff Orpingtons, Cream Legbars, Light Sussex, Blue/Black/Splash Pekins, Blue/Black/Splash Jersey Giants, White Leghorns and a Silkie Bantam. I'm based in Nottinghamshire :D

All pictures are prior to birdie lockdown!
Speaking of which, does anyone have an idea of when we can expect it to end??? :confused:
We arranged secure runs off the coops using heras panels and debris netting. Even though we made sure the runs were plenty large enough for the birds, we are used to them having runs much much larger and letting them free roam out of the runs for a bit each day. Really want to let them back out after being cooped up so long! (<--- See what I did there :gig)

Attachments

• 20201207_153836.jpg
    20201207_153836.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200929_130147.jpg
    20200929_130147.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20200907_133423.jpg
    20200907_133423.jpg
    961.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200907_133444.jpg
    20200907_133444.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

I am the proud parent of 58 cheeky chickens and I have Buff Orpingtons, Cream Legbars, Light Sussex, Blue/Black/Splash Pekins, Blue/Black/Splash Jersey Giants, White Leghorns and a Silkie Bantam. I'm based in Nottinghamshire :D

Speaking of which, does anyone have an idea of when we can expect it to end??? :confused:
We arranged secure runs off the coops using heras panels and debris netting. Even though we made sure the runs were plenty large enough for the birds, we are used to them having runs much much larger and letting them free roam out of the runs for a bit each day. Really want to let them back out after being cooped up so long! (<--- See what I did there :gig)
nice assortment there!

lovely looking birds you've got there SATG! Have there been any cases of AI near you?
Thanks Perris! I think they are georgous but I tend to be a little biased ;)

The closest one we know about was in Derby around December/January. Thankfully nothing in our immediate area. Just in case we have been adding a few drops of VetRX to their daily water as an extra preventative. Expensive, but for the health and safety of our birds we wanted to do anything we could.
Have you had any cases near you?

I am the proud poultry parent of 58 cheeky chickens and I have Buff Orpingtons, Cream Legbars, Light Sussex, Blue/Black/Splash Pekins, Blue/Black/Splash Jersey Giants, White Leghorns and a Silkie Bantam. I'm based in Nottinghamshire :D

Pretty birds. I approve.
Welcome to BYC.

Hi ....I'm lin and I am from Maidstone Kent in the U.K.. Got my 6 girls back in October and really loving it. Had chickens before but had a disaster with red mite ☹️ Which broke my heart as I had to give my chickens away. However they had a happy ending and lived a happy life with a friend of mine. A few years passed and new coop in a different location and I’m trying again👍. Please wish me luck 🤪

lin

Back
Top Bottom