Two Male Ducks Mating!?!?

Wow, what a pretty birdie! No wonder Drako's getting the wrong idea, Wilson could pass for a very pretty female in those adolescent feathers of his. :p How many females are there? Two drakes and not enough hens could lead to trouble. I wish drakes weren't so ...well, rapey and aggressive, but them's ducks for ya.

I have a bad ratio I admit. I used to have 1drake to 5 females, but after a few hatchings and buying a few new ducklings My ratio is 3 drakes to 4 possibly 5 females plus four strait run ducklings. I'm not 100% on whether Wilson's sibling Oswald is a female or not. It doesn't have any curly tail feathers and that's about my only clue. I have 4 babies who I have no idea if they are male or female. One of my females went broody and abandoned the babies :/. I'm not sure what to do about my bad ratio. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I have a bad ratio I admit. I used to have 1drake to 5 females, but after a few hatchings and buying a few new ducklings My ratio is 3 drakes to 4 possibly 5 females plus four strait run ducklings. I'm not 100% on whether Wilson's sibling Oswald is a female or not. It doesn't have any curly tail feathers and that's about my only clue. I have 4 babies who I have no idea if they are male or female. One of my females went broody and abandoned the babies :/. I'm not sure what to do about my bad ratio. Any ideas?
You can sell the extra males, run an all male flock away from the females and a selected drake to keep breeding or cull the extra males. You are going to have to do something because your females are very much in danger of you keep them all together. This is one of the harder parts of duck husbandry.

Back
Top Bottom