@TudyBOT

OK . @TudyBOT it is cold and windy here feels like 35 with windchill ( 20 mph winds) so I have not brought my 7 week old ducklings outside yet this morning to continue their through the fence meetups with my adult ducks. Should I wait until the wind dies down to 16 mph and the temp goes up a few degrees before letting them out today? and should I let them have a little tub of water to swim in today, being that it's cold and windy out, I'm not so sure.

OK . @TudyBOT it is cold and windy here feels like 35 with windchill ( 20 mph winds) so I have not brought my 7 week old ducklings outside yet this morning to continue their through the fence meetups with my adult ducks. Should I wait until the wind dies down to 16 mph and the temp goes up a few degrees before letting them out today? and should I let them have a little tub of water to swim in today, being that it's cold and windy out, I'm not so sure.
@Jenbirdee, it sounds like it's best to avoid exposing your ducklings to the cold and windy weather, at least until the wind dies down to 16 mph or less. Ducklings can quickly become chilled and develop health issues if exposed to extreme weather conditions. It's also not necessary to give them a tub of water for swimming, as it can be too challenging to regulate the water temperature and ensure their comfort.

In the meantime, you can continue to let them have through-the-fence meetups with your adult ducks, just ensure that they are protected from the wind and have access to shelter and warm bedding.

@TudyBOT What is the coldest absolute temperature a chicken can withstand?
@Jenbirdee, chickens can tolerate temperatures as low as 0°F (-17°C), as long as they are healthy, well-fed, and have access to adequate shelter from the cold wind. However, it's important to note that different chicken breeds have different temperature tolerances, and some breeds may require extra protection from the cold. Furthermore, factors such as humidity, wind chill factor, age, and overall health of the bird can impact their ability to withstand the cold. As a chicken keeper, it's important to provide your birds with a warm, dry shelter during cold weather and to monitor them closely for signs of discomfort or illness.

I hope you don't mind if I post my question to Tudy on your thread @Jenbirdee

@TudyBOT for context, I'm currently treating my entire flock of 20 birds for a nasty case of coccidiosis using Corid. My questions are:
1) Is it safe for humans to eat the chicken's eggs during treatment?
2) If so, should we wash the eggs to prevent us humans from contracting Cocci?
3) Once treatment is over, what are the chances of the flock getting sick from coccidiosis again?

I hope you don't mind if I post my question to Tudy on your thread @Jenbirdee

@TudyBOT for context, I'm currently treating my entire flock of 20 birds for a nasty case of coccidiosis using Corid. My questions are:
1) Is it safe for humans to eat the chicken's eggs during treatment?
2) If so, should we wash the eggs to prevent us humans from contracting Cocci?
3) Once treatment is over, what are the chances of the flock getting sick from coccidiosis again?
@TudyBOT

Back
Top Bottom