Tube feeding question

Since you are seeing her acting much better other than the eating her feed why not just skip tonights feeding and see how she does tomorrow. If she hasn't eaten by noon then tube feed her I wish I knew what else you could do but I don't. They do make pellets in an all flock feed so if she likes pellets better you have that. And why wouldn't you want her to eat layer?
Mm so I just looked back at one of my past threads about her, and they said not to give my ducks layer feed if I have drakes (I don’t have drakes) I think with all the info I just got confused. So I think layer feed would be fine?

Your very welcome, I just hope we can get her back to normal. :fl
So this morning we didn’t feed her, and she didn’t eat any of the feed, so started to slow down a bit and at 12:30 we gave her a tube feed. I’m not sure why she isn’t eating!? I put the pellets out but she didn’t take a interest in it:/

Is a vet an option having blood work done might show up something? I can’t see you having to tube feed her the rest of her life. Has she lost quite a bit of weight

Is a vet an option having blood work done might show up something? I can’t see you having to tube feed her the rest of her life. Has she lost quite a bit of weight
Well, there is a vet about an hour away that’s will take ducks, but last time our duck was sick we took her there and they charged us $300 dollars for medicine that never helped. She ended up passing a couple days after:( do you think we should take her there? Mm yeah me neither. Umm she lost quite a bit in the beginning but I think she is gaining it back.

I can’t make that decision for you. I’m just thinking at least if something showed up in blood work there maybe something that can be done. I sure do understand about the price though it’s awful what they charge. You still have that I picture of that blob she passed last week. I wonder if you could send the picture to the vet and they may at least tell you if they think there is infection that can be treated.

I can’t make that decision for you. I’m just thinking at least if something showed up in blood work there maybe something that can be done. I sure do understand about the price though it’s awful what they charge. You still have that I picture of that blob she passed last week. I wonder if you could send the picture to the vet and they may at least tell you if they think there is infection that can be treated.
Sorry for the late reply! Mm yeah that’s makes sense, Ill think on it:) yeah it really is. Oooo yeah that’s a good idea! I’ll try to see if I can get in contact with a vet! Thankyou! 🙂
Today she didn’t eat any feed it’s super rainy so ofc she was digging lots and we gave her two tube feeds.

She’s Eating!!!! This morning I took them out, she was looking good. She went out forged and when I brought them back and made food she was all exited for the food and I poured it, she charged me, which she hasn’t done in a while and then went and ate some food! So we have seen her eat twice now. Do you think we should still tube feed or just let her do her thang?

Back
Top Bottom