Treating powdery mildew?

Duckpip

🦆 Life is better with birds 🐔
May 23, 2022
Canada
I believe my cucumber and zucchini plants have powdery mildew, so does anyone know the best way to cure it?

Milk. Mix a cup of milk into a gallon of water and spray on the leaves. Do it in the morning on a sunny day. The sun "fixes" the protein of the milk into the surface plant tissue, forming a barrier so the mildew doesn't get a purchase.

I just did my first milk spraying yesterday on my squash garden. I know when to begin the milk treatment when the nights start to become cool, causing overnight dew. This encourages the growth of powdery mildew.

I spray once a week from this time in August until I'm ready to harvest the squash. Milk works way better than sulfur or other anti-fungal. Probably cheaper, too.

Milk. Mix a cup of milk into a gallon of water and spray on the leaves. Do it in the morning on a sunny day. The sun "fixes" the protein of the milk into the surface plant tissue, forming a barrier so the mildew doesn't get a purchase.

I just did my first milk spraying yesterday on my squash garden. I know when to begin the milk treatment when the nights start to become cool, causing overnight dew. This encourages the growth of powdery mildew.

I spray once a week from this time in August until I'm ready to harvest the squash. Milk works way better than sulfur or other anti-fungal. Probably cheaper, too.
Thank you! Can you keep the leftover mixture in the fridge, or would it spoil?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom