Top fill waterer?

jmtcmkb

Songster
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
New Hampshire
Has anyone purchased /used this top fill waterer?

105481_fountain_waterer.gif
[/img]

I'm not able to find any reviews on it, but I like the idea of top fill and I could hang it with those 2 handles.

How would you hang that waterer? It would need to be set up on something to keep the chickens from pooping in it. Other than that it looks like a fairly standard waterer. It is the same type of plastic as are the similar plastic types of waterers and feeders.

Quote:
I was thinking of chain threaded through both handles. Actually on the Tractor supply site I found another waterer that has a metal handle and much better reveiws that the standard little giant ones I see. It's not top fill, but has really good reviews. I am going to my local shop today. I was looking for 1 gallon as I only have 5 chickens. They have them for only 6.99, I will buy two and swap out during freezing temps.

the product I found is called Harris farms poultry drinker, they are on the tractor supply web site. Every review I read on the little giant ones seems liked peopel were frustrated. The reviews on the Harris Farms ones are pretty good.

I think you are a lot better off with a bucket system with either waterer cups or nipples. Those plastic waterers are a pain to keep clean and sometimes have problems.

62744_fullkit.jpg

Quote:
I did buy some of the nipples and was about to get a 1 gallon bucket ( I only have 5 chicks) still undecided...coop is very small. I read too much!!

I've purchased two like the one 7L Farms has for my broilers, and I like it a lot. Just cap the hole, open the top, and fill up. I was using a 3 gallon "dome" type, but I spill on myself more often then not. With the top fill, I can fill it to the brim, and then fill the drinking area, and when I uncap the hole, everything is full. More water for everyone.

I got mine at the local feed mill.

I'll have to swap out for a heated system this winter for the layers, but they're good about drinking out of a 5 gallon bucket with a bucket heater ring on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom