Tom, 9 month, missing feathers

The breast is normal. The missing neck feathers is likely due to the guineas.
lol, my wild guineas fight amongst themselves or gang up on the rooster. Haven't caught them banning together to tackle the tom. or would they grab the feathers when together in the coop ?

lol, my wild guineas fight amongst themselves or gang up on the rooster. Haven't caught them banning together to tackle the tom. or would they grab the feathers when together in the coop ?
A guinea would calmly stand in front of the tom and pluck and eat those neck feathers and the tom would sit there and let it do it. Turkey hens will stand in front of the tom and groom the beard until nothing but stubble is left.

I watched my earlier guineas eat the snood off of a tom without him doing anything about it. Now my guineas are raised and housed separately from my other poultry.

A guinea would calmly stand in front of the tom and pluck and eat those neck feathers and the tom would sit there and let it do it. Turkey hens will stand in front of the tom and groom the beard until nothing but stubble is left.

I watched my earlier guineas eat the snood off of a tom without him doing anything about it. Now my guineas are raised and housed separately from my other poultry.
Definitely a live & learn journey with poultry. An adventure for sure ;)

Back
Top Bottom