This can’t be true, can it??? Can chickens explode??

Amelise

Songster
Sep 20, 2020
Southern U.S
Today I saw a little video in instagram of a cute Cornish cross chicken waddling after some food. I was looking at the comments (which was mostly people lamenting the health of the breed) and someone replied to a comment saying that they can split in half or explode?? They insisted it to be true and even said it had happened to their own crosses IMG_0672.jpeg IMG_0673.jpeg . Do y’all know if this is true or not? If it is true, that’s pretty horrifying. If it’s not, I can just say “that’s what I thought.”

Do y’all know if this is true or not? If it is true, that’s pretty horrifying. If it’s not, I can just say “that’s what I thought.”
Not true! Physically not possible. People sometimes considered trolls like to stir the pot and fear monger others.

But a predator attack or accidental cannibalism could happen.. and easily be mistaken for what it is.. giving that poster the benefit of the doubt for what they know NOT.

I don’t think that is true. Chickens can just explode. Maybe they meant bc of an unproper diet they prolapsed out of their vents. I my self have raised Cornish crosses as pets and have never had one “explode”. As long as you keep them on a diet they won’t get to heavy. My oldest hen lived for two years until tragically she got attacked by a dog. They seem to enjoy life, eating grass, and being with the other chickens. My Cornish even produced offspring.

Today I saw a little video in instagram of a cute Cornish cross chicken waddling after some food. I was looking at the comments (which was mostly people lamenting the health of the breed) and someone replied to a comment saying that they can split in half or explode?? They insisted it to be true and even said it had happened to their own crossesView attachment 3557059View attachment 3557060. Do y’all know if this is true or not? If it is true, that’s pretty horrifying. If it’s not, I can just say “that’s what I thought.”
Can you post a link to the video?

I don’t think that is true. Chickens can just explode. Maybe they meant bc of an unproper diet they prolapsed out of their vents. I my self have raised Cornish crosses as pets and have never had one “explode”. As long as you keep them on a diet they won’t get to heavy. My oldest hen lived for two years until tragically she got attacked by a dog. They seem to enjoy life, eating grass, and being with the other chickens. My Cornish even produced offspring.
That’s really neat! Glad to hear they can be pretty healthy birds.

Back
Top Bottom